The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-18-2017, 02:56 PM

Jurgen Klinnsman is probably partly to blame. He bad mouthed the players and US soccer in general, though some of it may have been justified. I hear the last few games he coached the team was just unhappy with him and not motivated. A coaching change was welcomed, but hard to make up for the games they had lost in the past. Of course, the loss to Trinidad was bad. I chalk it up to bad coaching, and aging players.

The good news is this will hopefully shake up the US soccer world bringing in some necessary changes.

As far as the quality of US players, the best athletes in the US are drawn into football, basketball and baseball because that is where the money and attention is. In every other country soccer is the only way to money and stardom, so of course the best athletes go into soccer. I don't think we'll ever be a powerhouse. However, with brain injuries in football, you may see a trend for kids to move up into soccer instead. Can you imagine if LeBron, or any number of speedy NFL receivers were playing soccer.....

The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic