The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-02-2008, 06:10 PM

Default Terada Dreadnought?

Has anyone heard of or know anything about one of these? I just noticed it on the Columbus, Ohio "craig's list". It was listed today, November 2, in the musical instruments section as "Vintage Acoustic Guitar"......seller's location is Newark, Ohio.

The seller says it's a Terada TR-1006, built in the 70's. I'd include a picture, but it looks almost exactly like a Martin D-28. Has a solid spruce front, black teardrop pick guard......the back of the guitar has a seriously figured grain to it (two piece bookmatched) that the seller says is rosewood.......doesn't know if the back and sides are solid or laminated. No picture of the headstock, but seller says it's shaped like a Martin. The MOP fret markers are elongated rectangles in shape. The guitar is signed by the builder (M. Terada). The only damage to the guitar, according to the seller, is the bridge would have to be replaced because it has a slight crack near one of the bridge pin holes. It sounds like the seller has been playing it WITH the crack in the bridge, so the crack can't be all that bad......YET! The asking price is VERY attractive!

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Oompah Opa John......

Last edited by Opa John; 11-02-2008 at 06:20 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion