The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 07-09-2017, 11:15 PM

Really well done and bravo for taking on such a project.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:44 AM

Thats a very very good repair job on such a basket case... Especially given the mess it was in with the bondo, drywall mud, and red stuff..

The way the headstock appears to be sawn in two across the maker's inlay reminds me of intentional destruction/defacement to destroy a guitar........

It amazes me that the serial numbers and maker's paper label are intact - while the headstock was sawn in half directly through the inlay....

I don't want to start an argument about provenance.. Certainly there is no warranty left to be claimed.... Have you checked with Taylor to verify it's a valid/real serial number and that the serial number matches the guitar model/build?
Old 07-10-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckjohn View Post
It amazes me that the serial numbers and maker's paper label are intact - while the headstock was sawn in half directly through the inlay....
When Taylor supply replacement bodies to authorised repair agents, one of the conditions is a photo must be supplied back to Taylor showing a crushed body with the serial number on display. The new bodies come with the original serial number it's replacing.

The new bodies also come fitted with bridge and electronics, It is common when destroying a written of body to remove the bridge and electronics and use them for spare parts.

This may have happened here.

Steve.
Maton Messiah
Taylor 814CE

Last edited by mirwa; 07-10-2017 at 08:36 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Tags
damage, repairs, taylor 814