The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 07-20-2017, 02:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Hunter View Post
it is a safe bet that the H-RV is more satisfying to drive. The former seems to be built on the Prius/Camry platform.
Why is that? Did you dislike the Camry platform?

I hope the first one to test drive the C-HR comes back with a full report!
Old 07-20-2017, 05:31 PM
Charter Member

Here's Motor Trend's take on the C-HR....http://www.motortrend.com/cars/toyot...-drive-review/
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Old 07-21-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Why is that? Did you dislike the Camry platform?

I hope the first one to test drive the C-HR comes back with a full report!
Though highly reliable, Toyotas, in general, with one or two exceptions like the 86, are not known for excellent handling characteristics. The Camry always looses to the Mazda 6 and Accord when it comes to handling and the fun-to-drive quotient.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:11 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Looks alone, I think I prefer the simpler lines of the Mazda CX-5 over the Toyota CH-R or Nissan Juke.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Hunter View Post
Though highly reliable, Toyotas, in general, with one or two exceptions like the 86, are not known for excellent handling characteristics. The Camry always looses to the Mazda 6 and Accord when it comes to handling and the fun-to-drive quotient.
I'm not one for blanket statements, but I'd have to agree. We love Toyota's (RAV's). Can't kill them. Put a million miles + on them, and probably spent less than a few grand on non "maintenance" items.... But, I think my F250 handles/rides better than her 2013 RAV.....

....and that's it....

...Until I get better

Gary , From Connecticut
Old 07-21-2017, 12:36 PM

Todd,

You can actually find a Honda in central MI? My sister who lives in Midland was looking for a good Honda or Toyota for my niece and had a hard time finding any foreign models in that area.

She expanded her search for a Ford but couldn't find one that wasn't rusting out. Finally found a Scion (Toyota) xD with low miles and decent condition.

Haven't drove or seen to car in your opening post. I like the look. Would have to see one in person.

Brad
Old 07-21-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01bluemiata View Post
Todd,

You can actually find a Honda in central MI? My sister who lives in Midland was looking for a good Honda or Toyota for my niece and had a hard time finding any foreign models in that area.

She expanded her search for a Ford but couldn't find one that wasn't rusting out. Finally found a Scion (Toyota) xD with low miles and decent condition.

Haven't drove or seen to car in your opening post. I like the look. Would have to see one in person.

Brad
A technical point: Several Honda models, as per federal definition, qualify as domestic models, not foreign ones whereas some Fords, Chevrolets and Chryslers are designated as imports.

“By Uncle Sam’s reckoning, if  75 percent (by value) or more of a car’s parts come from the U.S. or Canada, it’s considered a domestic product; less than that, and it’s not.” – Car and Driver

For example, the 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator though assembled in Louisville, Kentucky, are considered imports (50%) whereas the 2010 Honda Accord assembled in Lincoln, Nebraska is considered a domestic car (80%). I use 2010 models as examples because I couldn’t find data on newer models in the very brief time I spent searching.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic