The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-07-2024, 09:50 PM

Default Sonimus Burnley 73

Now and again a plug-in comes along and changes the game. At least for me. Not one that's merely really great, but a bit of a total game changer. The Sonimus 73 is a Neve 1073 emulation. I guess a bit, of a channel strip by way of an eq. There's also a powerful emulation of line and microphone input structures. By and large a very straightforward, easy-to-use, HIGHLY DSP efficient plug-in. I do realize this is not the only Neve emulation out there but this one (for me) is much different. I copied a session, replaced all the eq's (and what not's) previously in the session and on every track, and just used these. I've never actually mixed through a hardware 1073 but I could easily see this plug-in as a permanent replacement for all previous plug-ins used. I'm already reconfiguring my template so it reflects as my streamlined channels on entire sessions. This thing is a palpable, noticeable sonic improvement that's bonus is in simplicity.

I know this is not for everyone but this plug-in coupled with Sonimus N-Console makes for a really simple, gain structuring, eq, drive channel solution. Certainly it's worth a "read-through" to get a feel for what's what!
Old 02-07-2024, 10:21 PM

Interesting...and inexpensive for a good plugin IMO.

I find a lot of Neve emulations to leave me flat. My favorite so far has been the Scheps 73. It just responds the way a real console would when you drive it. Have you compared the 2?

1927 Martin 00-21
1986 Fender Strat
1987 Ibanez RG560
1988 Fender Fretless J Bass
1991 Washburn HB-35s
1995 Taylor 812ce
1996 Taylor 510c (custom)
1996 Taylor 422-R (Limited Edition)
1997 Taylor 810-WMB (Limited Edition)
1998 Taylor 912c (Custom)
2019 Fender Tele

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Tags
trainload