The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 02-06-2024, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin, Wales View Post
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I would say that it wouldn't have to be omni - cardioid can be better on stage. You don't want to pick up the audience or the monitors if you have them. So they could be using the KSM32? The 32 is listed for live use as well as studio use. But is has a different, smaller electret capsule.

If anyone can think of a stage mic' that may work better for live sound reinforcement than my Rode NT1a, please speak up!

I would have dropped this question into "Acoustic Amplification" but I expect those of you who record have a better breadth of knowledge on mic's.
The way those guys were playing they weren't taking turns at the mic, and I seriously doubt a cardoid mic would have picked them up as well as an omni or perhaps figure 8. And I think having the option of the multipattern KSM44 over the KSM32 would be great. Especially with in ear monitors and no floor wedges. I went online and found four used KSM44s under $500. But since you guys are taking turns at the mic I think the KSM32 would work fine.

As for Rode mics, I cut my teeth with them many years ago, and I have owned the original NT1, NT2, K2, NTK, and still use the Classic II daily as my demo vocal mic. So I am very familiar with them. I would take a Shure KSM44 over all of them other than the Classic II which I love.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD