The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 06-07-2017, 07:32 PM

Default Metronome app where you can set tempo with your voice or snapping your fingers.

Hi there!

For some time I wanted to use a metronome app, where you can set tempo simply by counting one, two, three, four (or snapping your fingers). Finally I had to build one.

I just released the app for Android a couple of days ago here:link. It's still not 100% perfect, but it works for me, and I already use it almost everyday while practicing my guitar. What do you think of it?

** Note: the app works fine on my Nexus 5 and some other phones, but controlling microphone and audio is difficult, so it may have some glitches on other devices, especially old ones. Please share with me your experience, and, if you have any problems, your device model and Android version. Work in progress. Thank you! **
Old 06-10-2017, 06:23 PM

Too bad I have iOS....
Old 06-13-2017, 07:05 PM

Default Is it visual rhythm only?

I just installed it on my HTC One. It works fine, but the only output is the trail of lights across the screen. No sound. Is that intentional?

McIlroy AS25N-C
Breedlove MJ/R
Guild D-50
Gibson ES330
Old 06-25-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Walk in Song View Post
Too bad I have iOS....
I use Pro Metronome on my iPhone (the free version, didn't pay for the extra features). There's a button labeled TAP on the bottom left that you can tap in time and it will show you the tempo in BPM.

Edit: I should have said that it will then leave the tempo set at the rate you tapped.

Last edited by cypressfog; 06-25-2017 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompbl View Post
I just installed it on my HTC One. It works fine, but the only output is the trail of lights across the screen. No sound. Is that intentional?
Hey, sorry for super late answer. No, ideally there should be sound. Are you sure everything is right, i.e. sound level is not zero?
It's kinda hard to develop for all different android devices around, so maybe there is also some problem specifically with HTC One. Sorry about that if that's the case =/
Old 07-09-2017, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressfog View Post
I use Pro Metronome on my iPhone (the free version, didn't pay for the extra features). There's a button labeled TAP on the bottom left that you can tap in time and it will show you the tempo in BPM.

Edit: I should have said that it will then leave the tempo set at the rate you tapped.
Yeah, I use such apps too I built this app to be able to do something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAvy983_6xo. Easier to switch from setting tempo to guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write