The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-25-2014, 08:14 AM

I'm confused, are you unhappy you bought a vehicle that gets only 14 miles per gallon. That seems to be a personal choice.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
I'm confused, are you unhappy you bought a vehicle that gets only 14 miles per gallon. That seems to be a personal choice.
: )

My wife bought that vehicle,long story,love that vehicle..not happy about
blowing all that gas & 3 hrs to get there to have a nice guitar dented.
When I get it back Ill use that Strat in kitchen instead of the other & begin putting it to use.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:15 AM

I buy guitars to be played which means they get marked, dented, scraped, dropped, spilled on, bled on, sometimes used as a coaster, walked on by a toddler... I can go on. Wear it like a badge of honor. It means you have a crazy expensive guitar and it gets played and loved. No one besides you looks down upon that guitar because of the black marks and the dent.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:25 AM

A very enjoyable rant!
Old 06-28-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryzer View Post
A very enjoyable rant!
Old 06-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athana View Post
What makes you conclude this guy is Jiffy Lube level ??
Because he scratched your fingerboard. He didn't take precautions, didn't mask the fingerboard before working on the frets of a clients expensive guitar. That's not a competent repairperson. And you took other guitars to him after that?

Sometimes you get what you ask for.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkgtr View Post
Because he scratched your fingerboard. He didn't take precautions, didn't mask the fingerboard before working on the frets of a clients expensive guitar. That's not a competent repairperson. And you took other guitars to him after that?

Sometimes you get what you ask for.
You've mixed it up..
Two different repair guys.
One master repair man but n i n e t y t w o years old..this recent visit makes me think he may be losing it.
He's the damaged fingerboard guy.

The other repair guy was the one refered to as Jiffy : ) ..he's the damaged new $5000 guitar guy.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athana View Post
You've mixed it up..
Two different repair guys.
One master repair man but n i n e t y t w o years old..this recent visit makes me think he may be losing it.
He's the damaged fingerboard guy.

The other repair guy was the one refered to as Jiffy : ) ..he's the damaged new $5000 guitar guy.
I didn't refer to your repairman as Jiffy Lube. I was merely making the point that the more expensive the guitar (or car) the more expensive the repair (and thus the repairman) will be. There are quite a few people that feel that if they buy a Mercedes-Benz, they're built well enough that repairs are few and far between. But when those repairs are necessary, and they have to wait for a part to arrive from Germany, and special technicians are needed to do the repair, the costs go up. I have a friend with an Audi TT that's a really nice car. But one small fender bender and there are only two shops in New Jersey qualified to work on the unibody frame the TT has. Again, the more you spend on a guitar, the more you can expect to pay for maintenance and repair, and the more careful and mindful you have to be with it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars