The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 12-09-2016, 04:46 PM

Default Voicelive 3 Looper Help please!

I just picked up a VL3 and Switch 6. I assigned looper functions REC/PLAY and STOP/ERASE to the Switch 6, but it's not working as expected. Stop and Erase work as expected. But I have an issue when I record a guitar loop and hit stop at the end so it doesn't play. On my Ditto X2, I just hit the play/rec switch and I can start the loop playing later. On the Switch 6, if I try to start the loop later by hitting the rec / play button, I don't hear the loop play and I think it starts recording an overdub. I'm not entirely sure.

How to I set the VL3 so that when I hit the play/rec button on the S6, it starts to play the loop? I don't want to overdub.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2016, 05:38 PM

I tested this scenario and it works correctly for me. My mappings are as follows:

1 = Looper/BT
2 = Loop Input (cycle input selection - I have it set to ALL so it will record all inputs - vocals, guitar, aux)
3 = LPlayRec
4 = LStopErase
5 = LoopUndo
6 = LEraseAll (Would NOT recommend putting EraseAll on the Switch 6 as it is too easy to hit. There is no undo for erasing all that I know of.)

My clicking order:

1: get into looper mode (all loops are empty)
3: start recording loop A (screen shows time count down on loop A and is recording)
3: to play back loop A (screen shows a line moving from left to right on loop A, ODUBA is in bottom right of screen, playing loop A and not recording)
3: to overdub on loop A (screen shows a line moving from left to right on loop A, END ODUB A is in bottom right of screen, playing back loop A and recording)
3: to play back the overdubbed loop A (screen shows a line moving from left to right on loop A, ODUB A is in bottom right of screen, playing loop A and not recording)
4: stop loop A (screen shows a flat line on loop A, ODUB A is in bottom right of screen, not playing and not recording)

The Switch 6 buttons will even work when the screen is not in looper mode, though it is hard to tell whether you are playing back or recording as the screen will only show the loop indicator at the bottom right of the screen.

Martin 00-18V (sitka/hog) Taylor GCce 12-fret LTD (all koa) Gibson Keb Mo (adi/hog) Cervantes Crossover I (cedar/pe) Breedlove Oregon Parlor LTD (all myrtle) Journey OF-660 (carbon fiber) Radial ToneBone PZ-Pre TC Helicon Play Acoustic Singular Sound Beat Buddy HK Audio Lucas Nano 608i Bose S1 Pro

Last edited by dragonfly66; 12-11-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-14-2017, 12:49 AM

Default B & C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly66 View Post
1: get into looper mode (all loops are empty)
3: start recording loop A (screen shows time count down on loop A and is recording)
3: to play back loop A (screen shows a line moving from left to right on loop A, ODUBA is in bottom right of screen, playing loop A and not recording)
3: to overdub on loop A (screen shows a line moving from left to right on loop A, END ODUB A is in bottom right of screen, playing back loop A and recording)
3: to play back the overdubbed loop A (screen shows a line moving from left to right on loop A, ODUB A is in bottom right of screen, playing loop A and not recording)
4: stop loop A (screen shows a flat line on loop A, ODUB A is in bottom right of screen, not playing and not recording)
How about about B & C? Is there any way to access them from the Switch-6?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write