The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-18-2009, 07:54 PM

Default Tonight on PBS: Van Morrison & Ani DiFranco

check your local PBS listings.................

Austin City Limits - Van Morrison
Saturday, April 18, 10:00 pm on PBS

Musical legend Van Morrison wraps his incomparable voice around the soul, blues, folk, jazz and country styles that have been the mainstay of his music for four decades. Featuring songs from his latest album Pay the Devil and timeless Morrison classics, he delivers a spellbinding one hour performance in his first appearance on Austin City Limits.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Live from the Artists Den - Ani Difranco
Saturday, April 18, 11:00 pm on PBS

Since releasing her first recording in 1990, Ani DiFranco has established herself as one of the most influential and inspirational artists of the modern era - she was named on CMJ's list of the 25 most influential artists of the last 25 years - while remaining steadfastly independent. DiFranco's signature percussive fingerpicking, expressive vocals, and incisive lyrics shine through once again on her most recent release, Red Letter Year, her 20th full-length album, released September, 2008.Opened in 1876 for America's Centennial Exposition and World's Fair, the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts in Philadelphia - America's first art museum - displayed the work of a different kind of artist on a warm May night when Ani DiFranco played the Artists Den stage. Before a packed gallery inside the National Historic Landmark, the prolific, fiercely independent folk singer-songwriter gave a special performance of both fan favorites and new songs from her upcoming album, Red Letter Year
Old 04-18-2009, 11:32 PM

Oh man I got this too late to set the DVR. wonder if they stream online or anything. I want to see the Ani one. Already taping Austin City Limits so got the Van Morrison.
99 Guild F47CE (Westerly) | 02 Martin SPJC-16R | 03 Martin DC-16RGTE | 03 Martin MC-16GTE | 05 Seagull MJM6 w/ QII Cedar/Mahogany BS | 01 Washburn EA20SDL | 02 Guild JF-30 Sunburst | 00 Taylor LOTF 410MACE | 02 Tacoma JF21 | 08 CA 7M-CE (GX)
Old 04-19-2009, 06:24 AM

Two Comments on Van Morrison.

I could only understand about 10% of his lyrics.

I sure saw a lot of music stands. Despite that distraction I enjoyed the show!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell