The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 11-22-2017, 07:38 PM

Default German Greco no bridge plate

My project is coming along on this solid wood find but I see there is no Bridge plate by Design but a brace right down the middle this guitar has seen some play and a slight belly pull but holding its own. Would one consider additional bracing under the bridge? The neck (non adjusting) angle came in a little so I thinned the bridge a tad and deepened the saddle slot. Got the nut and saddle ready out of Micarta will fine-tune soon. Satin finish came out okay and I will make a wood pickguard after I hear it I do know added bracing may dull it so my inclination is leave it
Old 11-22-2017, 10:54 PM

Not the best photo, but it looks to me like you have an edge against that brace, possible its a well fitted bridge plate fitted to the edges, again just a guess from a limited view, got a better photo.

Steve
Maton Messiah
Taylor 814CE
Old 11-24-2017, 02:16 PM

There is no bridge plate. I'm now thinking this is designed for nylon strings. Model gr 9s. I have found pics of gr 9 as nylon string with typical slotted head and classical bridge and gr 9s with open tuners and classical bridge, steel strung with ridiculous action, any thoughts?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair