The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 02-20-2010, 01:17 PM

Default Misty - fingerstyle chord melody tutorial

In these videos i break down my arrangement of Misty - thanks for watching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j6MH9aJRVM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f3FZ6YC_Vw
Old 02-20-2010, 06:46 PM

Dang! That makes it a lot easier than trying to figure it out. Wonderful arrangement by the way.

Thanks a million!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:46 AM

thanks for watching!

Long Hollow are great straps!

best,
dale
Old 02-27-2010, 07:40 PM

I am through the first video and must say I have enjoyed the tutorial. Hearing Misty on that Collings seems to help with the inspiration factor. The fingerings are natural and logical to me ( and that means a lot).

Looking forward to the second video. I appreciate the time spent to get an arrangement like this set up and feel the mental work has been done for me; I get to reap the rewards with just some practice time.

Thanks! and keep em coming!
Old 02-28-2010, 04:57 AM

thanks for taking your time to watch and your kind posts are very appreciated - hope everyone is doing well!

dale
Old 03-05-2010, 09:45 PM

Great arrangement. Really enjoyed the sound on the acoustic, and the electric was awesome.
Have you considered posting a tab? I would help a lot in learning, for lil guys like me.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:44 PM

appreciate you watching and thanks for your kind words. I do not have it in tab but i have a friend who is transcribing it for me. Hopefully i will have it in the not so distant future.

best,
dale
Old 03-10-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplebaby View Post
appreciate you watching and thanks for your kind words. I do not have it in tab but i have a friend who is transcribing it for me. Hopefully i will have it in the not so distant future.

best,
dale
maplebaby.

Well, it's been a while, but I finished the videos and can play it about note for note and am working on getting it a little faster and smoother. I was thinking of using chord charts to write down the chords, if the tab comes out, fantastic!
My wife and a couple of my kids have commented on how they like the song. I usually play fingerstyle, but this style has my guitar neurons firing off like crazy.
Guess it was the right song at the right time for me. I want to get it practiced and really nice so I can play it for my 85 year old mom. I grew up listening to Misty along with Chet Atkins, classical, and big band music.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplebaby View Post

best,
dale
I've tabbed out my version of it, but am still tinkering with some changes I made. Basically it's 90% your rendition which is a great take on this classic. I've had a ball playing it (correction--- trying to play it .)
Old 03-12-2010, 08:27 AM

randon works - you post alone made the vid worthwhile! Thanks for sharing your story with me.....i appreciate you working it up.

pappy27 -i'd love to hear your interprations....hope all is good!

dale

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write