The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-07-2017, 05:35 PM

Here's how to get an X20 for only €355 !

Buy an opus chimaera and you're getting a nice 12 string ( normal solo price is €1795 )
with a 6 string thrown in for a only a little extra, at €2150.

Or you could look at it the other way round, you do the math, my head hurts now.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:43 PM

You absolutely have to get one... I really see no way out of it... really !... nuff said. I think you are talking yourself into at least one. 100% on the looks is almost as high as you can get.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-07-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
You're certainly in the right place....
I think my sarcasm detector just went off!
Old 09-07-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Christens View Post
I think my sarcasm detector just went off!
Your confusing straight talk for sarcasm, SC.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:00 PM

Haha yeah, cut Ted some slack !
He's embraced the Emerald love to some degree , he's even got one more Emerald than I have now ...
Old 09-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
Haha yeah, cut Ted some slack !
He's embraced the Emerald love to some degree , he's even got one more Emerald than I have now ...

Well, everyone with an Emerald has ... nope... too easy.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:17 PM

Yeah go ahead and mock me.

I'm crying into my superb 2008 Adirondack over Madagascar , Martin 175th anniversary "America's Guitar" Jim.

No plastics anywhere on this baby, Better not get her too wet tho' eh ?
Old 09-07-2017, 08:51 PM

Uh oh. A whole new sub-forum for me to explore....
You guys have been very helpful and funny! Thanks.

I suppose there are CF detractors up there in that 'other' forum. I say why not? If they sound half as good as they look and the ergonomics are great and they can substitute for Kayak paddles then count me in. I tried one at a Tommy E camp a couple years back and was very surprised at how balanced and clear it was. ( I don't recall the brand but it wasn't an Emerald ).

Cheers.
Taylor 814CE
Old 09-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Charter Member

Default Emerald X20?

I'll make it quick. I'm in North Palm Beach, FL ready to be hit by hurricane Irma. 9th floor of a hi rise, with hurricane shutters so I "think" I'll be ok but I packed a few things in case I have to make a quick exit tomorrow. Clothes, pretzels, water, a guitar, etc.

I had to choose between my Martin OM-28E or Emerald X20 Opus in case I have to evacuate. The Emerald is by the front door ready to travel with me. I LOVE my Martin but it's wood and this if Florida. I don't feel like I give up anything sound-wise or playability-wise by playing only the Emerald, (acoustically at least). Plays like the Martin, feels nice, looks nice, I love the crystal B&S (or whatever they call the matte finish), great customer service, etc. It's just a beautifully constructed, balanced carbon fiber acoustic guitar to me. Fantastic playability (I had to shave the saddle some to get the action I wanted. Easy).

I found out about Emeral through this forum about 7 month ago and have owned the X20 for about 6 mos. Would order the same again in a heartbeat.

Steve-arino
Emerald X20 Opus
Martin OM-28E
Old 09-07-2017, 11:30 PM

I hope it doesn't come to that Steve-arino.
Thanks and take good care.
Taylor 814CE
Old 09-07-2017, 11:51 PM
Charter Member

Hi Sanban,

Another X20 owner, these sound incredible and i have 2 Collings so my standards are quite high to begin with.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:45 AM

Geeessshhh Steve-arino... hope you are ok...I have some cousins in N Palm.. i think they headed way North to NJ.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 09-08-2017, 06:06 AM
Charter Member

Sean from Emerald emailed me yesterday that my X20 was on the way and sent me the tracking number (hurray!). After expressing my thanks at the good news, I replied that I would much rather track the coming guitar than the hurricane threatening the USA. Sean then replied that they were keeping all their friends in the USA in their thoughts. This seems to me to take caring about customers to a higher level.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:55 AM

I don't need to be talked into ordering an Emerald. I'd do it today. My wife, on the other hand, could use some persuading.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Guest 928

pdawg;

Well, it sounds looks its time for you to set your foot down and let your wife know who the boss is. Let us know how that goes....

Another possibility is to imagine for your wife all the things you could be doing rather than buying a beautiful guitar--that could make the guitar look like a winner.

You might also try some flattery. Maybe you want this beautiful guitar so that you could name it after your beautiful wife.

You could try consolidation and efficiency, point out that one good guitar could account for Christmas, Birthday, Easter, Thanksgiving, and all other gifting-possible holidays. This would save her a lot of shopping.

As a last resort, you could start pawning your wife's jewelry(if you give this a run, let us know how goes).

Finally, there's nothing wrong with taking your time and sneaking up on what you want. The monthly specials are tasty, there are a wide range of choices, maybe it's good to take your time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber