The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-19-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post
Without a sense of how many inputs you need, it sounds like your plan is probably good.

I know they're expensive, but the QSC K8s are really amazing for acoustic acts. You can get them used on Ebay for $450 (I own three and never paid more than $500). Add the mixer of your choice and you're good. I play large spaces with a pair + a sub and small places with just one.

Additionally, while I'm loathe to recommend anything Behringer, we have the Xair 16 and have been very happy with it. If you rack it with a power strip like this, you basically have snake and power all in one. Works great. Just don't set your beer on it.
Input-wise, we currently require a minimum of 4 xlr ins but we have a 3rd person that may eventually play with us - but only every now and then. 6 would probably suffice, but I think I'll go at least with 8 to be safe.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 10-19-2019, 09:57 AM

Yeah. A couple of good powered speakers plus a board with effects and you’re golden. I play very small solo jobs with a K8 and a Zed6fx. Works great.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
acoustic pa, line array, medium size gigs, powered speaker, sound system