The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-28-2018, 09:01 AM

Default Korg Konnect. A more stylish freeplay.

If you ask me. Not saying its a bad thing but they missed the boat by not offering a battery option. Still looks interesting.

http://www.korg.com/us/products/amplifiers/konnect/
Old 01-29-2018, 12:49 AM

Well that went over well. Surprising considering how popular the Mackie Freeplay was on this forum.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:35 AM
Charter Member

Well, it has a DC input, so connecting it to an external battery pack probably isn't much of a challenge - but at that price, I would want to hear it against the Bose S1 before making any decision -
Old 01-29-2018, 02:49 PM

It uses a 20-24v DC power adaptor. That’s not easy to power externally. Most of the other systems like this include the power electronics for power switching. In fact, A/C power might have been even easier to manage with a standard inverter/battery assembly. I would buy a new or used Mackie FreePlay before this. I think you can still buy the Mackie new from Guitar Center for $300.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:41 PM

I downloaded the app. It looks like I does the same silliness with preamping that Mackie is doing. That is that there is no preamp gain control. Instead you have up to 14db boost on the channels over what they call zero. 14db is a little more generous than the Mackie 10db (which simply isn’t enough), but it’s still going to make your guitar sound noisy and grainy compared to setting the input gain properly.

Last edited by lkingston; 01-31-2018 at 11:19 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification