The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Charter Member

Wink who is still liking their CA Cargo?

would love to have a burst pattern of one of those.

whats the name of that shop-maybe in KY-that carried them?
other shops any AGF's have purchased them from?

any used ones out there-burst especially

thanks
Daryl
Old 06-04-2009, 05:22 PM

Have played it several hours this week at home - instead of Goodall, Taylor, White, Guild and Taks...is a great little guitar and holds it own when it comes to sound I have Dean Markley Alchemy Gold strings on it...sweet!

Bought mine from Acoustic Pro http://www.acousticpromusician.com/

Mine is a wine with Fishman Matrix electronics - bought it last July

2010 Simon Fay German Spruce/ EIR OM
2010 Taylor NS24ce Nylon
2006 Cordoba 55R Nylon
2008 Takamine Nylon Crossover TC135SC
1978 Takamine Nylon C128
2006 Miranda Nylon (My Motorcycle Guitar)
1973 Guild G37 Sitka/Maple
Old 06-04-2009, 05:43 PM

Great travel guitar. Mine has no electronics and i think the tone is pretty marginal compared to my full sized acoustics. So it doesn't see the light of day at home. But it is a keeper for traveling. Acceptable tone in a small package.

Just one opinion.
_____
gh1
Old 06-04-2009, 05:44 PM

Whether I'm strumming a tune or playing fingerstyle, the Cargo is one of my favorites. It is an extraordinarily fun couch guitar and one that some musicians are using for gigs as a primary or backup guitar. My cargo gets played more than any of my guitars because its always out and handy.

'03 Martin OM-28V
'04 Breedlove McKenzie Mando
'05 Seagull S12+
'06 Larrivee LV-03E
'07 Takamine TC132SC
'08 CA 7M-CE, '08 CA Cargo
SWR California Blonde II, AAD Cub
Old 06-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggs2 View Post
Whether I'm strumming a tune or playing fingerstyle, the Cargo is one of my favorites. It is an extraordinarily fun couch guitar and one that some musicians are using for gigs as a primary or backup guitar. My cargo gets played more than any of my guitars because its always out and handy.
Ditto (except I don't play fingerstyle). Great guitar for what it is. Quite possibly best in class. That so many talk about it in comparison to full-size guitars (which really isn't fair, but it does hold its own) speaks volumes. I also have the big brother GXi in tobacco burst, a fabulous, complex guitar (a real looker). I absolutely love it. I'm no virtuoso, but I feel I'm a better player because of my GXi. I haven't played my Taylor 814c since I bought the GXi in Nov. '08. As much as I love the GXi, I still play the Cargo more because it sits on the couch right beside me. As already said, size and contours make it THE perfect couch (and travel) guitar.

Last edited by Acousticado; 06-04-2009 at 07:35 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber