The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-26-2009, 12:32 PM

Default Cargo question...

Hello everyone,

I just had a couple of quick questions for all you Cargo owners. I'm looking to buy a used Cargo but I want to make sure it's an authentic Composite Accoustics Cargo. Is there supposed to be any sticker with a model # anywhere on the guitar signifying what model it is and authenticity? If so, where is it? Any pics you can show me? They guy selling the guitar says that he doesn't see any model # or anything on the guitar... only that it's a Composite Accoustics. I'd greatly appreciate the help! Thanks
Old 02-26-2009, 12:57 PM

There is a silver oval sticker inside the sound hole, maybe tucked away so you do not see it. It has a hand written serial number in black sharpie.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:04 PM

Thanks for that quick reply! So does it say anywhere on the oval sticker that it's a "Cargo" or is it just the serial number? Thanks again for the help!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:09 PM

Says "CaARGO" and has the serial number written right below the name on a sticker located in the sound hole. Some were in sight of the sound hole when looking at the guit (early ones) from the front but the newer ones appear to have the sticker further towards the center inside.

Hard pressed to be anything else if you compare it to the shape of the Cargo. I'm sure there's not a factory in Taiwan selling copies....yet.

Regards

Kevdog
Old 02-26-2009, 03:17 PM

Mine has the sticker just inside the sound hole on the upper side. So looking at the Cargo straight from the front it is next to the sound hole... looks sorta like a blue jeans label.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 02-26-2009, 03:21 PM
jackholexxxx

Here you go.

Pete
Old 02-26-2009, 04:00 PM

Awesome!!! Thanks you all for the help! I'm gonna try to check it out tonight so hopefully all goes well. I'll let you guys know. Take it easy and thanks again.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber