The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 01-30-2018, 02:15 PM

Default K&K Pure Mini / TCH Play Acoustic Body Rez Settings

Can anybody share their settings on TCH Play Acoustic for the Body Rez menus using a K&K? Would be interested to hear what parameters you have tweaked to get the best results.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:44 PM

I used BodyRez 2 for my K&K equipped dreadnoughts. I dialed it in about 30%.

K&K makes a number of preamp products with the center of their mid frequency cut around 1.5kHz. And, they use a wide Q to "erase' a lot of the mid range. It's best to let your ears make the decisions. But, any of the parametric EQ settings that have a mid cut around 900 Hz to 1.5kHz should provide a pleasing sound. Boosting the highs is usually a good idea because it is not a strong suit of K&K.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
I used BodyRez 2 for my K&K equipped dreadnoughts. I dialed it in about 30%.

K&K makes a number of preamp products with the center of their mid frequency cut around 1.5kHz. And, they use a wide Q to "erase' a lot of the mid range. It's best to let your ears make the decisions. But, any of the parametric EQ settings that have a mid cut around 900 Hz to 1.5kHz should provide a pleasing sound. Boosting the highs is usually a good idea because it is not a strong suit of K&K.
Thanks - will dial those settings in and have a listen!
Old 06-10-2018, 11:45 AM

Sorry to come so late to the thread. Please can you tell me how you cut the mids on the Play Acoustic. I can only find an EQ with highs and lows in the manual I downloaded.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooster View Post
Sorry to come so late to the thread. Please can you tell me how you cut the mids on the Play Acoustic. I can only find an EQ with highs and lows in the manual I downloaded.
You have to go to the set up button on the fourth screen and turn on the advanced Bodyrez settings. Then go back to the guitar settings and you will see more screens available. From there you can adjust the frequency to what Dave suggested and then lower the gain in that setting (you will find that just under your frequency).

Let us know if this helps.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
You have to go to the set up button on the fourth screen and turn on the advanced Bodyrez settings. Then go back to the guitar settings and you will see more screens available. From there you can adjust the frequency to what Dave suggested and then lower the gain in that setting (you will find that just under your frequency).

Let us know if this helps.
Thank you. I don't have the unit but when I do I will try your suggestion and let you know.

EDIT

Had a look at a video and I see what you mean. But using that method, can you select which frequencies you want to adjust because on the video it seems that they are only able to adjust "high" and "low" tones.

Last edited by wooster; 06-11-2018 at 03:48 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification