The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-28-2009, 06:11 AM
I never finish anythi

Question Composite Acoustics UK?

I have been wanting to try out a composite acoustics guitar for some time now due to the great reviews it has had everywhere. However nobody in the UK seems to have ever heard of the brand - let alone have one in stock for me to try?

Does anybody know of any UK stockists for these guitars?

Thanks
James

Martin 000c16GTE
Avalon Gold series S200
Old 02-28-2009, 06:32 AM

There is a company called Emerald guitars that used to make composite acoustics, based in Ireland, but they stopped production a few years ago due to parts supply problems. A real shame, because it seemed that there was a lot of demand for them.

http://www.emeraldguitars.com/index2.html

They are really goregous guitars; I'd love to play one myself...

You'd probably be able to find some used Emeralds in the UK.

Obviously there has to be some consideration into buying from the US...which wouldn't have been a problem last year because of the strong Pound...
Old 02-28-2009, 07:40 AM

I checked with CA's website and they don't have a European distributor. I've heard lots of good things about these and would love to try a couple too. It could be that, as a relatively small concern, they have enough orders to fill in the home market and are not geared to an increased demand-if there was to be one and that is a tricky guesstimate to make; especially given how the economy is suffering and people are reining-in spending.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:04 AM

I can advise that Emerald Guitars Ltd are back in production because I received an email from Alistair earlier in the week confirming this. I was interested in the travel guitar with a custom 23" scale and he said he could do it for me however I have since bought a Brunner OG basic.

Hope this helps.

Phil Taylor

'Rivers and Trees' - April 2021. https://philiptaylor1.bandcamp.com/a...vers-and-trees

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNx...0XtP04PcL8HN4Q
Old 02-28-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKPhil View Post
I can advise that Emerald Guitars Ltd are back in production because I received an email from Alistair earlier in the week confirming this. I was interested in the travel guitar with a custom 23" scale and he said he could do it for me however I have since bought a Brunner OG basic.

Hope this helps.
Good news!!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber