The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 01-28-2009, 12:17 PM

Default Music fans in shock as Back Door Slam break up

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just got the news..................

Quote:
Back Door Slam Breaking Up :o(

01/27/09

"Dear Friends and Back Door Slam Family:

After much thought and soul searching, we have reached the painful decision that we should part ways at this time. The decision was the hardest of our lives, but it's one we believe had to be made in order for each of us to move forward creatively and musically.

We will each continue with our own musical projects and hope to fulfill our own musical ambitions; Davy will be working on a follow up to the the first Back Door Slam album "Roll Away", and will be touring the US to support and promote the record, and Ross and Adam will be embarking on new projects of their own in the UK and Europe, so please keep checking backdoorslam.com for news about each member of the band, and upcoming album releases.

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has followed Back Door Slam over the last few years and shown their support for the three of us.

Davy, Adam and Ross"

Music fans in shock as Back Door Slam break up

in case you've never heard of them...here are some clips

Back Door Slam - Come Home / Comin' Up For Air

BACK DOOR SLAM, 'Red House'

BACK DOOR SLAM - OUTSIDE WOMAN BLUES (LIVE)
Old 01-28-2009, 12:29 PM

Never heard of them.
David's CDs
Old 01-28-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dberch View Post
Never heard of them.
your loss.........................
Old 01-28-2009, 01:30 PM

I must confess that it was not a name that I had ever encountered. Always anxious to broaden my musical horizons, I clicked the first link you provided. I was able to stand about 20 seconds worth, but ever the optimist, I tried the second link. After another 20 seconds, it was clear that I was not able to properly appreciate their "music." I'm afraid that my "horizons" will never be that expanded ...
Old 01-28-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed51 View Post
I must confess that it was not a name that I had ever encountered. Always anxious to broaden my musical horizons, I clicked the first link you provided. I was able to stand about 20 seconds worth, but ever the optimist, I tried the second link. After another 20 seconds, it was clear that I was not able to properly appreciate their "music." I'm afraid that my "horizons" will never be that expanded ...
it's just the blues man!!!!! I guess you don't like blues huh?????????????? that's a shame.............
Old 01-28-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofapco View Post
Louie....

Just had a chance over lunch to listen to those youtube vids and I have to say that I am impressed! Nice band, too bad they are breaking up but I think the guitar player certainly has more to offer and I personally am going to look for some of their stuff.

On that first cut... is he playing in standard tuning or open something?
I believe that is in standard tuning Paul, but I could be mistaken......check this song out..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy2AT...eature=related
Old 01-28-2009, 03:31 PM

Another Eric Clapton wannabe bites the dust. It happens.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:23 PM

I checked out the links and some other ones on youtube. I like them. I like them a lot. I think the guitar guy has great texture in his voice without sounding contrived or looking to copy anybody. His licks are cool too, both acoustic and electric. I was surprised when I heard his accent. I am going to maybe find their CD. It is certainly refreshing to see some young talent out there. Too bad they don't get the recognition they deserve.

'13 Martin D-41
'15 Breedlove Parlor
'75 Sigma DM-5
'85 Yamaha LL-15
'94 Yamaha FG 460S-12A
'91 Martin Backpacker
'08 Johnson JR-410 Square neck resonator
'00 Godin A6
Fishman Matrix Infinity & Elipse Blend pickups
Old 01-28-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHP View Post
Another Eric Clapton wannabe bites the dust. It happens.
hardly!!!!!! he's the star of that group...........I promise remember the Davey Knowles as he will be doing big things soon.....
He will now start a group with more experienced musicians with the new name of the group being the Davey Knowles Project.........
Old 01-28-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlouie View Post
hardly!!!!!! he's the star of that group...........I promise remember the Davey Knowles as he will be doing big things soon.....
The Red House solo and vocals could have come right off a Cream album. Not that that's bad, just don't hear any new ground being broken here.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:08 PM

Louie,

I never heard of them either, but I like the videos.

There are a LOT of great Blues players in Texas, we'll see if he has what it takes to break out of the pack, I wish him luck!

Rich Macklin Soundclick Website
http://www.youtube.com/rmyaddison

Martin OM-18 Authentic '33 Adirondack/Mahogany
Martin CS OM-28 Alpine/Madagascar
Martin CS 00-42 Adirondack/Madagascar
Martin OM-45TB (2005) Engelmann/Tasmanian Blackwood (#23 of 29)
Old 01-28-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
The Red House solo and vocals could have come right off a Cream album. Not that that's bad, just don't hear any new ground being broken here.
and the Red House solos and vocals on the Cream album could have come right off of Jimi's "Are you Experienced" album............it's not like Clapton wrote "Red House" Jimi wrote it...........
Old 01-28-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
and the Red House solos and vocals on the Cream album could have come right off of Jimi's "Are you Experienced" album............it's not like Clapton wrote "Red House" Jimi wrote it...........
Can't say I hear any similarity between Clapton and Hendrix on any recording of any song. Either is instantly recognizable because they have a unique sound. Didn't find that in the videos.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Can't say I hear any similarity between Clapton and Hendrix on any recording of any song. Either is instantly recognizable because they have a unique sound. Didn't find that in the videos.
okay, that's good enough for me..............I'm not trying to convince you to like Davy Knowles...........listen to him if you like or don't..........
Old 01-28-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
okay, that's good enough for me..............I'm not trying to convince you to like Davy Knowles...........listen to him if you like or don't..........
Same here. I'm not trying to change your mind. The guy is better than I will ever be.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell