The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-22-2017, 02:24 PM

Default Personal/Spot Monitor

Any recommendations for a small powered monitor? Bonus points if it will fit on a mic stand (that also has a mic on it). Application: My all-acoustic band uses a two mic version of the single mic approach. This would go on/near the vocal mic. Doesn't need to get too loud, but should have good audio quality. Doesn't need onboard controls, since the mixer will handle that. Should have a tight pattern and good pattern control. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:32 PM

I just ordered two Behringer B205D's after thinking a long time about getting the Galaxy MSPA5 which is the same price but with a considerably smaller form factor.

My final decision is based on the fact that I think my B210D's are really great (but just too big), and a review I read reporting that the Galaxy sounded awful.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:03 PM

I have a couple of Galaxy PA6S speakers. Powered and made to sit on a mic stand. It has controls if you need them. Not great sound but decent and if you get them up off the ground they can be heard.

hunter
Old 08-22-2017, 03:34 PM

Kustom KPC4P. Can mount on mic stand with 3/8" adaptor. Requires a pretty hot signal in from what I remember, but works well. Best results using XLR input.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:41 PM

I'd be reluctant to put the monitor on the same stand as a mic - not having tried it, I would expect feedback issues from having the mic and the monitor physically connected.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:01 PM

The TC-Helicon VoiceSolo FX150 is really nice:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...BoCGtEQAvD_BwE
Old 08-23-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lweb10 View Post
I'd be reluctant to put the monitor on the same stand as a mic - not having tried it, I would expect feedback issues from having the mic and the monitor physically connected.
The monitor does not go on the same stand as the mic (although I have seen that done and I agree, feedback would likely occur). The monitor can be mounted (by itself) onto a mic stand.

Last edited by YamahaGuy; 08-23-2017 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:11 AM

The FX150 can be mounted either on its own mic stand or share one with a boom mic. Either way works fine, though I prefer sharing a stand. No feedback at reasonable volumes.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:57 AM

Thanks, all.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification