The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-21-2016, 04:56 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
Are the Journey guitars made in China???
I believe so.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
Are the Journey guitars made in China???
Yes. There are a lot of quality products made in China, although the crap made there gets the (deserved) bad rep. Some seem to think "China" is like a brand, but they are certainly capable of producing quality, with good design and oversite. I am pretty sure Rob from Journey is regularly there in HongKong, providing that oversight.

They can keep the costs lower by producing in China. You may or may not like the premise, but that is one way of doing business. I have no dog in this ... well, it certainly isn't a "fight" - but, I trust Ted's (LA Guitar Sales) opinion on the guitars he handles, and Journey is one of his offerings.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:29 PM

I hear you,,Eastman is a good example have owned a few over the years and good quality for the most part and good price compared to US made model that is similar.
I saw the posts and checked the profile and saw Hong Kong so I figured that was the case. Must admit to being a bit surprised but that explains the price as compared to Rainsong or Emerald even.
Thanks for the info Cpt. Jim.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:29 PM

https://youtu.be/gvYx4GaHKJ8 I think this just sold me on this guitar!!!!
This guy can cook for sure and all the demos I have watched today sound terrific as far as tone.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:26 PM

I will keep my feeling about China, politics and economics out of this- we have all had enough of this stuff anyway.

Sometimes a product comes out that is just so cool....you really don't care where it was made- you just have to check your biases at the door
Old 10-22-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
I will keep my feeling about China, politics and economics out of this- we have all had enough of this stuff anyway.

Sometimes a product comes out that is just so cool....you really don't care where it was made- you just have to check your biases at the door
I did,,,was just curious.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:08 PM

Default Guitar tech

Don't these artist's have personal guitar tech's that go on the road with them so they don't have to stress over taking care of their wood stage guitars? A local artist Henry Kapono uses a CF live as well as other local artist here.
Old 10-22-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Yes. There are a lot of quality products made in China, although the crap made there gets the (deserved) bad rep. Some seem to think "China" is like a brand, but they are certainly capable of producing quality, with good design and oversite. I am pretty sure Rob from Journey is regularly there in HongKong, providing that oversight.

They can keep the costs lower by producing in China. You may or may not like the premise, but that is one way of doing business. I have no dog in this ... well, it certainly isn't a "fight" - but, I trust Ted's (LA Guitar Sales) opinion on the guitars he handles, and Journey is one of his offerings.
Thanks, Captain. And FYI, Rob, the owner of Journey actually lives in China.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber