The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 10-10-2016, 08:09 AM

Default Listen to Emerald Guitars radio special online worldwide tonight

Dear AGF Members

Tonight (Monday) at 9pm (IST), October 10 we are delighted to be featured as special guests on our local radio station here in Ireland and you will be able to listen in live worldwide on the internet.

Alistair and some of his good friends from the music scene her in the north-west will be featured in an hour-long radio broadcast dedicated to the work of Emerald Guitars on Highland Radio, Ireland’s No 1 local radio station.

This will be part of the weekly two-hour show, Monday Night Sessions with Paul McDevitt, produced by Jimmy Stafford. Paul and Jimmy have shown great support to the Irish music scene as a whole since they first started the programme.

We have worked with the broadcasters on a number of occasions, including their live broadcasts from The Swell Music & Arts Festival on the island of Arranmore off the coast of Donegal and it’s a huge honour for us to be invited onto the Monday Night Sessions.

Coming along to the studio with Alistair to play a few songs on our Emeralds will be a musicians well-known to our YouTube channel followers as some of the performers we have called upon in the past to demonstrate our instruments for you.

They are: Michael Gillespie, Mark Black and Simon McCafferty. We are also delighted to have Tommy Callaghan joining us. Not only is he the man responsible for our new website, Tommy is also a highly-regarded singer/songwriter.

The Monday Night Sessions with Paul McDevitt airs from 9 to 11pm IST, Highland Radio. Listen in worldwide on http://www.highlandradio.com/ and join in the live conversation on Twitter and Facebook where we will be streaming the show LIVE https://www.facebook.com/emeraldguitarcompany

We hope you can join us!

Kind Regards,

Sean
Old 10-10-2016, 08:23 AM
Charter Member

Sean, do you know if this will be archived anywhere for those of us that can't listen live?

Ken
Emerald Balor 5 string, Taylor GS-Mini Bass, RainSong SGA-FLE, WS1000 Classic N1 and WS3000 N1, Republic Resolian Style 804, Royall Teardrop Tenor Reso
A few electrics, a bunch of basses
Wandering the continent - CA > IL > NH > TX (for good, hopefully)
Old 10-10-2016, 08:37 AM
Anticipation Junkie

I would certainly like to try and tune-in, but I think 9pm IST might be 4pm EST in Canada, and as it's Thanksgiving weekend here and we're having a family gathering today for a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, it's unlikely that I'll be able to. Like HD, I'd also like to know if and where the broadcast may be archived.
Old 10-10-2016, 02:13 PM

4:15 EST USA Listening to the program now, that lefty X20 really sounds nice.
Tommy is a great vocalist too.
Can't wait for my X7 with K&K to arrive, should be soon I hope.

Last edited by 121; 10-10-2016 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:18 PM

Sean.... Thank you for letting us know about this radio program, it was very interesting.
I really liked the story that Alistair told about Stevie Vai and the jar of honey.

Sean... Was that you singing "She Thinks I Still Care" ?
If so, you did a great job on that old standard.
You're a very good vocalist. I wish I had your talent.

Last edited by 121; 10-11-2016 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
Sean.... Thank you for letting us know about this radio program, it was very interesting.
I really liked the stories that Alistair told about Stevie Vai and the jar of honey.

Sean... Was that you singing "She Thinks I Still Care" ?
If so, you did a great job on that old standard.
You're a very good vocalist. I wish I had your talent.
Hi 121,

We are so delighted to hear that you were able to tune in and enjoyed the show and Alistair's stories of which he has so many more! The whole broadcast is still on our Facebook page where we broadcasted it live, watch it back here https://www.facebook.com/emeraldguitarcompany We are also going to ask the station for the audio.

Tommy Callaghan is a fantastic songwriter who will be releasing a new solo album next year. Here he is singing his beautiful song Loaded Dice with his band Our Native State https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ-mJIBp_eY

I thought I'd slip under the radar in the corner of the studio, but then I was asked to step up to the mic. That was indeed me singing She Thinks I Still Care and I am very honoured you liked it.

Best wishes and thanks again

Sean

Last edited by Emerald Guitars; 10-11-2016 at 02:42 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:51 AM
Charter Member

Sean, thanks for the links! Something tells me I'm going to be listening to the station from now on!
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber