The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-02-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaD4 View Post
As per usual, Jason hit it out of the park with this MDW....Elegant, beautiful design and it sounds amazing! It seems that Jason's guitars keep getting better with each new rendition of his instruments. Without being unkind, the maple MDW blows the other maple out of the water in Michael's side by side sound comparisons....AMAZING....You can tell from the posts that Michael has bonded with this guitar and it's easy to see why!! Congratulations Michael on a real beauty!

While in Portland recently, I also had an opportunity to play BillyBoy's Tree OM and was really taken by the design/artistry of the guitar as well as the sound quality.....As a BRW fan, I was amazed at the power, warmth, richness of the bass and the clear, solid mids and highs using The Tree and German Spruce...Gorgeous woods and sound!

Again, Jason's guitars are hard to beat.....Couple the quality and artistic sensibility with the great guy who builds them and it's a pretty amazing combination.....Jason is just about done with a BRW and German spruce OO build for me and will soon be starting a Tree MDW... If I can ever figure out how to post those threads, I'll try to show you the details....If you haven't seen BillyBoy's tree OM, it's definitely a stunner!!
Congratulations! I know you'll love your MDW and The Tree is always a good choice... Jason and I had a great time working on this guitar design and I look forward to hearing your thoughts when yours arrives!

all the best

MW
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Watts View Post
Congratulations! I know you'll love your MDW and The Tree is always a good choice... Jason and I had a great time working on this guitar design and I look forward to hearing your thoughts when yours arrives!

all the best

MW
Is the incoming MDW number 3?

There is a 'Tree' Jumbo somewhere in Jason's workstack for me and a 12 fret 12 String. Suspect I will need to find a new thesaurus for new superlatives.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop