The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-26-2016, 09:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieAtienza View Post
congrats! I didn't get to play her much, but man what an incredible guitar! And Leo's a pretty awesome guy to just hang out and talk to. A Cali trip may be in my future....
Leo brought the guitar over to our house for the dinner party we throw the Saturday night during Woodstock. I got to spend some time with the guitar, as well as with Leo, and what sold me on the guitar was Leo's wonderful aura and attitude towards, life, building and music. It also helped to have players like Tim Farrell, Kaki King and Craig D'Andrea pulling the magic out of the guitar, which was simply amazing to hear.
Slackers 1:51-52
FSM
Old 10-26-2016, 03:18 PM

I'll have to find him a way to make another "Tree" guitar!
Old 10-26-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Leo brought the guitar over to our house for the dinner party we throw the Saturday night during Woodstock. I got to spend some time with the guitar, as well as with Leo, and what sold me on the guitar was Leo's wonderful aura and attitude towards, life, building and music. It also helped to have players like Tim Farrell, Kaki King and Craig D'Andrea pulling the magic out of the guitar, which was simply amazing to hear.
You are rapidly becoming "the most interesting man in the world" to me...so dinner party heh?
Old 10-26-2016, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

So, MikeD, did you buy Leo's guitar?
Old 10-26-2016, 03:33 PM

As we say in French, "Jamais deux sans trois" (or "No hay dos sin tres" in Spanish).

That has to be the prettiest headstock I've seen in a long time.

Congrats.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
You are rapidly becoming "the most interesting man in the world" to me...so dinner party heh?
Most intetesting man? Those are some pretty big shoes to fill. A few of us rent a house every year and we throw a dinner party on Saturday night to thank the luthiers and players for all they do, because without them, there would be no guitar/music festival, and in turn, no weekend with the boys to play music. There are a few of us that stay at the house (7 this year). It's a mix of builders, players and everyday Joe's like me that love guitars and play them. We started doing this 6 years ago and it seems to grow every year. We cook up a big dinner with multiple courses, put out a bunch of guitars (new & vintage) that we all bring up and hang we just out & have a good time making music out in the boondocks. It's one heck of a 4 day weekend!

FSM
Old 10-27-2016, 12:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmagill View Post
So, MikeD, did you buy Leo's guitar?
Yes. I bought Leo's Tree OM, Kei's maple OM and a Hive uke.
FSM
Old 10-27-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
It must be something of a revelation to hear Kaki King playing a high-end luthier built acoustic. I've just seen her work her magic with her Ovations. I can only imagine what Leo's guitar sounded like in her hands.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:21 PM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Quote:
Yes. I bought Leo's Tree OM, Kei's maple OM and a Hive uke.
Killer! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Most intetesting man? Those are some pretty big shoes to fill. A few of us rent a house every year and we throw a dinner party on Saturday night to thank the luthiers and players for all they do, because without them, there would be no guitar/music festival, and in turn, no weekend with the boys to play music. There are a few of us that stay at the house (7 this year). It's a mix of builders, players and everyday Joe's like me that love guitars and play them. We started doing this 6 years ago and it seems to grow every year. We cook up a big dinner with multiple courses, put out a bunch of guitars (new & vintage) that we all bring up and hang we just out & have a good time making music out in the boondocks. It's one heck of a 4 day weekend!

Hiro Ogino's maple OM was amazing as well... Unfortunately I came up empty with my PowerBall ticket...

Which Hive uke did you get? The "Tree" uke would match nicely with the Buendia...
Old 10-27-2016, 08:26 PM

Default Beauty!

I got to play this guitar in Woodstock - Beautiful instrument (built by a great guy too!).
www.treehouseguitars.com
www.facebook.com/treehouseguitars
Old 10-27-2016, 09:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Hiro Ogino's maple OM was amazing as well... Unfortunately I came up empty with my PowerBall ticket...

Which Hive uke did you get? The "Tree" uke would match nicely with the Buendia...
I picked up the Malaysian Blackwood / Adi uke with the maple neck. The Tree uke was spoken for.
FSM
Old 10-28-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
I picked up the Malaysian Blackwood / Adi uke with the maple neck. The Tree uke was spoken for.
That was a sweet one too.. wish I knew how to play one!
Old 10-28-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
That was a sweet one too.. wish I knew how to play one!
Compared to guitar, Ukes are really easy, I taught my daughters in an afternoon and they were playing and singing by early evening! They are a real fun little thing for them to take to over to friends etc. A lot of songs sound really good on them too....
Old 02-17-2017, 07:33 PM
Charter Member

Oh yea, GO LEO! What a tone... I'm SO excited for my build this year... in the meantime...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop