The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-02-2017, 09:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Growler, I did get an answer from Ron. He likes the Gibson scale and the Tele body. He was on the road quite a bit in the early 90's and built a prototype 92 % sized body so the look would be "true" Tele and not a Tele with a shorter neck. He loved it, especially the reduction in weight and size, started building them and has done quite a few since. Mine is # 25. -- Darwin
Very cool. Thanks for checking. I knew the scale was different and it totally makes sense why he did it. Congrats on a cool guitar.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:28 AM

You have some beautiful guitars in you collection. One that I would find difficult to choose what to keep and what to sell. A question, though, I wonder why you seem to have more than one Tele that appears to be configured identically e.g.the two on the left appear to have two single coil pickups. ( The blue and the red one)

Last edited by LSemmens; 01-03-2017 at 03:33 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Charter Member

s2y, B-benders do sound super cool. I have thought about adapting a WR bender to one of my G&Ls but it has only been a thought so far. It would add very little weight. I failed to answer you wiring question. My three pickup T's all have a push pull pot for the additional configurations. It makes them extremely versatile.

LSemmens, I have quite a few variations of T's. Even though configurations may appear similar, they are very different guitars. The Ice Blue is a Don Grosh, large neck and modern bridge. The Candy Apple Red is a vintage Suhr, vintage frets and vintage bridge. It has a fully adjustable Wilkenson saddle bridge so the intonation can be adjusted perfectly. I have three, three pickup configuration T's and they are all different. T's are fun in many flavors and I love the three pickup models. The Anderson has a P90 in the neck. I love them all. -- Darwin

Last edited by Darwin; 01-03-2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Added wiring info.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
s2y, B-benders do sound super cool. I have thought about adapting a WR bender to one of my G&Ls but it has only been a thought so far. It would add very little weight. I failed to answer you wiring question. My three pickup T's all have a push pull pot for the additional configurations. It makes them extremely versatile.
Gotta love the 7 way wiring. Planning on doing that on a Strat-type soon. Neck+bridge and all 3 pickups sound great. About the only position I don't use is middle solo'd.

Rolling bender makes this. I really need to stop being lazy and order this so I can have independent B and G benders.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:17 PM
Charter Member

s2y, can you post a link on this? Looks interesting. -- Darwin

No need for the link, I found it. It looks very interesting. -- Darwin

Last edited by Darwin; 01-03-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
s2y, can you post a link on this? Looks interesting. -- Darwin

No need for the link, I found it. It looks very interesting. -- Darwin
Definitely looks cool. Kinda wish I would have known about this before ordering my Stambaugh. Could have gone with a long horned Strat-o-Tele shape and lighter woods. I suppose I can't complain too much with independent B and G benders. I asked them about angled levers and they didn't seem to think it would work.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars