The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 08-07-2014, 06:03 AM

Default Triggs 16"

If you get a chance have a look on J Trigg`s web at the 16" archtop......
Old 08-07-2014, 08:27 AM

Still drooling over that one, huh, kayakman?

It's gorgeous for sure, but I'm much more drawn to the Stromberg-inspired 18" archtop. I bet that thing sounds fantastic!

Anyone interested can see both of these on Triggs' "for sale" page here:

http://www.triggsguitars.com/#!forsale/c1ke5
Old 08-07-2014, 08:46 AM

Hey Backdrifter, how you been? the Stromberg is nice,would like to hear the sound,bet it`s like a piano,but you have that Collings not much would measure up to that beauty!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakman View Post
Hey Backdrifter, how you been? the Stromberg is nice,would like to hear the sound,bet it`s like a piano,but you have that Collings not much would measure up to that beauty!!!!!!!!!
Good to hear from you too! Actually.....

As is pretty standard for me, I've already sold the Collings. It was truly an amazing instrument, but a bit too expensive for me to be comfortable with. I didn't mind spending the money I did on it, but I did mind when I found myself not playing it in certain situations because I was afraid of putting a ding in it, or because quite honestly I was a bit embarrassed to show up to a jam with such an expensive instrument. So, I sold it and am archtop-less for the time being. I'd certainly like another in the future. That Stromberg Triggs could certainly be in the running!

Hope you're still enjoying that gorgeous Campellone!
Old 08-07-2014, 11:13 AM

Geez brother that Collings was a wow factor!My Campellone is starting to come around the more it gets played,I have not really played my HD28V that much,still want a nice 16" L7 thought,but I will not let my Campellone go...........Brian.That Triggs Stromberg is nice,but funds not there for a while,to much to do on my 162 year old house!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops