The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 12-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Default Some Well Built Blues Creek Luthier tools to do it right!

I have asked so many questions of John at Blues Creek... a few favors he has done without asking for a dime. The other day I emailed him to see if he had the fret wire to fix my buddies guitar. It showed up 2 days later, no bill.
THATS IT I WON'T BE TREATED THIS WAY!!!!! HEEE I had to come up with something to thank John for all he has done........ Pictures! Have you been to Blues Creeks site? He needed some help. Just so happens the Luthier I bought out had celebrated Johns entire catalog! So, I decided to give him some nice photo's of his wonderful craftsmanship for his incredible Stewardship to our hobby/biz.
Here is batch 1
Some Frames/Molds.....

Thought you'd like to see some of the photo's. If anyone has questions on functions of the items photo'd please ask.

Last edited by Kitchen Guitars; 12-22-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:02 PM

John, I'm looking at buying one of his side benders. If you have pictures, that would be very timely, especially larger pics than his site shows.
Much appreciated,
Bob
Old 12-19-2010, 05:29 AM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

I shot those last night! Should have them up today or tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:49 AM

Pay it forward, John. You're a good man -- and so is John at Blues Creek, apparently. Isn't it cool how we each have skills that can complement those of others and so help them out?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Here is the Blues Creek bending machine set up. I have the blueprint on building a lightbulb (Fox Bender). By the time you are dne screwing up, buying the grade plywood (Marine) John buys, the handles and hardware...... its got to be a labor of love to build one cause this is all you need and the Brown Santa makes it happen lol

w/out set/ hold pin

with

With springs engaged

The heat blanket, Metal Sandwich stuff, timer, temp controller. Also in the photo is a cheap digital meat thermometer from the grocery store

Last edited by Kitchen Guitars; 12-21-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:19 AM

I built from scratch, and it was a simple, fast project. Building the current state of the art would be even simpler since the electrical package is a drop in.

I noticed there were several recentish articles in AL about the current state of the art in benders, but I don't have access to those articles. Anything new, or tips and tricks to pass on?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair