The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-11-2011, 08:57 AM

Default Any of you had a question answered in Wood & Steel under "Ask Bob?"

I sent Bob a question via the "Ask Bob a Question" section in the "Wood and Steel" magazine...never in a million years thinking it would be answered.

Today, to my surprise when I looked at the PDF version (mine hasn't come in in the mail yet) my question was answered by Bob.

Not a big deal but still pretty neat.

Have any of you had a question answered by Bob?
G7th Capos
Old 10-11-2011, 09:47 AM

Any of you had a question answered in Wood & Steel under "Ask Bob?"

"I sent Bob a question via the "Ask Bob a Question" section in the "Wood and Steel" magazine...never in a million years thinking it would be answered.

Today, to my surprise when I looked at the PDF version (mine hasn't come in in the mail yet) my question was answered by Bob.

Not a big deal but still pretty neat."

Hey now - that's pretty cool! What was the your question?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Whippersnapper

That's cool, jjr. I remember seeing at least one other member here who had a question published in W&S. I don't remember their name or question, however.

The "Ask Bob" section is usually my favorite part of each issue. I enjoy getting inside the head of the builders. I saw in one answer he said the 316ce is coming!

Bel isi,
-kyle
www.kurtscobie.com
Old 10-11-2011, 11:31 AM

I had one answered in the previous issue! I can't agree more with you how cool it feels to see your question and name, and then getting an answer from Bob himself!

I asked about the scarf headstock joint vs. the older finger joint (which was discussed not too long ago here in the forum), and it was neat to hear his response!

Congrats on getting some feedback from Bob! I've actually been meaning to write him a letter since I finished Guitar Lessons, so maybe I'll get on that!!
1976 Epiphone Eagle Acoustic

Psalm 37:4-8
Old 10-11-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorplayer View Post
Any of you had a question answered in Wood & Steel under "Ask Bob?"

"I sent Bob a question via the "Ask Bob a Question" section in the "Wood and Steel" magazine...never in a million years thinking it would be answered.

Not a big deal but still pretty neat."

Hey now - that's pretty cool! What was the your question?
I "asked Bob" how they determined how thick the top/back/sides were. Too thin...brittle sound.....too thick...deadened sound. The more I read about Taylor (just finished "Guitar Lessons" as well) the more it makes me thankful to own one and to help support his company.
G7th Capos
Old 10-11-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscobie8 View Post
That's cool, jjr. I remember seeing at least one other member here who had a question published in W&S. I don't remember their name or question, however.

The "Ask Bob" section is usually my favorite part of each issue. I enjoy getting inside the head of the builders. I saw in one answer he said the 316ce is coming!

Bel isi,
-kyle
A 316ce? That is so cool! I won't get my copy in the mail for a couple of weeks (I'm in Canada). I could look at the pdf but I enjoy holding and reading the magazine in my hands.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:02 AM

Well this is the one area I find where Taylor could improve a bit, I live in Perth and they don't ship W&S here so I have to read the on-line version and hope it collect a hard copy from my local store (they get a limited number).

:-(
Old 10-12-2011, 05:40 AM

I've been published in both the "Ask Bob" and "Letters" sections. It's fun to know that the head of this great company takes the time to listen and respond to his customers!

1995 Taylor GA-KS sitka/koa
1997 Taylor Cujo-14 cedar/black walnut
2001 Taylor 514e engelmann/mahogany
2003 Taylor Pelican LTD GA sitka/myrtlewood
2011 Taylor GA BTO sinker redwood/ovangkol
Old 10-12-2011, 05:41 AM
Charter Member

Funny this would come up now. I'm also in the current issue. I have one of the new ovankol Grand Symphony models, the 416ce. I asked Bob what it would sound like with an ovankol top. His reply was that it would be closest to sounding like koa.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:19 PM

I asked Bob if he had any single sisters that I could marry. I wanted a family discount. Never heard from him, I guess my letter got lost in the mail.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion