The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-27-2014, 04:41 PM

Pictures and review please!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:41 PM

Default discussion

HI,
I am new in forum sites. I want to help you and solve your problem but sorry I have no any idea about this. But I suggest you to meet with an expert who can solve your problem.
-------------------
classified website
Old 08-28-2014, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjackkktmat View Post
HI,
I am new in forum sites. I want to help you and solve your problem but sorry I have no any idea about this. But I suggest you to meet with an expert who can solve your problem.
-------------------
Spammer?????
Old 08-28-2014, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
Spammer?????
Hmmm...
Wechter Nashville Tuned
Wechter Dobro
Washburn Nylon

Electric:
Line 6 Variax

Keyboards: Korg SV-1 88 key reverse

PA:
QSC K8 x 2

Amps:
Custom Peavey Studio Pro (Superman)
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Old 08-28-2014, 02:55 PM

Id love to do a comprehensive review but Iīm sure I donīt have the technical vocabulary to do it well. I can tell you that the action is perfect for my tastes and the intonation is what you'd expect for the reputation of the company. Finishes etc are all fine and I like the carbon fibre weave look. In terms of tone, Iīm very happy. As people have said before it has good bass response for a small guitar and isnīt as bright on the high e string as other guitars; I love it as it is and the less bright tone on the treble doesnīt take anything away from the guitar for me. The balance across strings I find to be very good. The 45mm nut width makes a huge and welcomed difference to the 43mm I am used to.

For the carbon fibre factor, I love the ability to not worry. Now I can play it in the air conditioning and then take it outside. I am a huge fan of nature, I teach biology and we have a very rustic house but I also really like the carbon fibre body. Like I said, Iīm happy, and I canīt see myself wanting anything else for a long time.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:19 PM
Charter Member

Congrats! I spent a couple of weeks in Barcelona in summer 2012. We stayed at "El Munt" about 30 minutes away up in the hills. Gorgeous city, with beautiful people. Enjoy your Lucky 13. I have had mine for about 5 months and it is still my go-to songwriting guitar. I absolutely love it.

Mike
Old 08-28-2014, 11:09 PM

Congratulations on your new CF sirwhale. I wish I could get my hands on one to play it and will eventually. Hopefully in the future carbon fiber will be a lot more accessible in retail. As it stands, CF is inaccessible in price as well. Most would never pay for these guitars sight unseen at the price point. I think that will change.

I love the throwback looks of the L13 a lot and from what videos have shown the tone is very nice- and I know that youtube cannot do these justice. I'm personally still drawn to Rainsong guitars, the Shorty in particular but have also played the JM1000 and was stunned.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber