The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-03-2010, 08:42 PM

For new, most of the dealers already mentioned are good bets. Guitar Rodeo, LA Guitar Sales, My Favorite Guitars, etc

For used, do your homework and find a fantastic and safe deal on eBay. You can often find a totally legit guitar from an honest seller at a price that you simply won't see at most dealers.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:40 PM

The price was for a new 2010 314ce. Apparently they are having a labor day sale through monday.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:57 PM

Unlike what everyone listed above, nstuff music actually has lower prices just go on there site trust me...they send you an email if you request a price and they are over 10% cheaper than all the other big name stores....and they are a dealer dealer.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Charter Member

LA Guitar Sales, My Favorite Guitars, and Trinity Guitars all have great prices on Taylors. If GC is selling something for less than any of them, I'd be surprised. I bought from all three with great results.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:06 PM

I wouldn't go anywhere but GuitarRodeo for a Taylor. Jim is a great guy and totally worked with me to get the guitar I wanted. Also, fantastic prices.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifcowscouldfly View Post
After shopping around for my guitar, I've found that Jon and Sharon at myfavoriteguitars.com have slightly cheaper prices than Jim Guitar Rodeo or Wildwood. The difference is about $50 - $100. His shipping prices to Sydney were also around $50 dollars cheaper.

Because I don't live in the US, the extra USD $100 - $150 was worth more than Guitar Rodeo's 100% tradeup policy. I'd never use the policy. However, if I lived in the US, it would be a much harder choice.
Same here, total costs including international shipping, you can't beat MFG.
Lindsay Marcus D - Sitka/Madi RW

Gone But Not Forgotten
Tom Sands Model S (Crystal) - Italian/Fiddleback Hog
Old 05-14-2012, 06:35 PM

Don't overlook Sweetwater Sound. Ask for Jason Baldwin & give him your best price...
Beard maple E Model
Meredith maple custom
Old 05-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Charter Member

Wildwood Music in Central Ohio...the #1 Taylor BTO dealer in the world last year. Besides their knowledge and pricing, Don & Marty have to be two of the nicest people on the planet! I just wouldn't buy a high(er)-end guitar anywhere else, unless I was looking for a boutique or something they don't carry.

http://www.wildwoodmusic.com
Old 05-15-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drplayer View Post
Wildwood Music in Central Ohio...the #1 Taylor BTO dealer in the world last year. Besides their knowledge and pricing, Don & Marty have to be two of the nicest people on the planet! I just wouldn't buy a high(er)-end guitar anywhere else, unless I was looking for a boutique or something they don't carry.

http://www.wildwoodmusic.com
+1 - They have just about the best prices I've seen, and yes, they are super nice...
Old 05-15-2012, 12:46 PM

+! ... My local shop actually beat GCs price for the Taylor I ordered and even pretty much matched any price that GC was giving when they have their routine "big specials". I'm a big proponent of giving small shops a chance to get the business and then when they do give you a good price, that you show them loyalty and appreciation by buying all your ancillary stuff from them for the long haul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55fmj View Post
Great info from everyone ! Thank you ! I did contact Guitar Rodeo and actually, Guitar Center was cheaper. And it is on a new 2010 model with the new ES system. I guess I need to go back down and play the guitar again and see if it is "the one." It appears to be the best deal. Thanks guys !

Hear my original music at: https://www.reverbnation.com/judsonhair
Old 05-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

Default Guitar Rodeo

+1 for Jim Tordoff at Guitar Rodeo. Thoughtful, helpful, patient and honest. I shop for the best deal like most people, but in the end it is customer relations that matter the most to me. I'd spend a few bucks more to buy a guitar from Jim and feel good about doing so.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55fmj View Post
Great info from everyone ! Thank you ! I did contact Guitar Rodeo and actually, Guitar Center was cheaper. And it is on a new 2010 model with the new ES system. I guess I need to go back down and play the guitar again and see if it is "the one." It appears to be the best deal. Thanks guys !
Wow - that is surprising.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Charter Member

2 year old thread?
Old 05-15-2012, 03:05 PM

Fretted Instruments in Birmingham Alabama. Ask for Herb, he is the
Meanest Banjo Instructor in America.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themissal View Post
2 year old thread?
Thanks! 1/2 the posts on this thread are within the past couple of days.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion