The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 02-16-2018, 08:42 AM
Guest 2434

Default GC Epi ES-335 Pro LE $329

cherry and vintage sunburst are on sale for presidents day (week $150 off).
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone...21473136388.gc
Old 02-16-2018, 11:00 AM

Such a deal.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:01 AM

Thats an awesome deal.. Love mine!
Old 02-16-2018, 08:24 PM

Like mine too. I was a bit worried about the Epi pickups, but those in this model are fine. There might be some variation in quality control on things like fretwork between examples, so if one can play one in stock at a GC that might be ideal. Mine was fine. I ordered an Epi 339 with the P90 pickups around the same time, and I had a couple of high frets that I needed to deal with.

The only fault I find in the design of mine is that the tone controls have a weird taper and most of the change is at the low end of the rotation.

Huge value at these prices. Really valid sounds in them.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 02-16-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
Like mine too. I was a bit worried about the Epi pickups, but those in this model are fine. There might be some variation in quality control on things like fretwork between examples, so if one can play one in stock at a GC that might be ideal. Mine was fine. I ordered an Epi 339 with the P90 pickups around the same time, and I had a couple of high frets that I needed to deal with.

The only fault I find in the design of mine is that the tone controls have a weird taper and most of the change is at the low end of the rotation.

Huge value at these prices. Really valid sounds in them.
The pickups were a pleasent surprise. Although tone searching always gets the better of me and I was thinking of dropping in a set of Seth lovers that I have - but I am reluctant to take on the task with a semi hollow!
Old 03-10-2018, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanfilippo5 View Post
The pickups were a pleasent surprise. Although tone searching always gets the better of me and I was thinking of dropping in a set of Seth lovers that I have - but I am reluctant to take on the task with a semi hollow!
Those Epiphone pickups are really good IMHO. I wouldn't attempt to rewire a semi hollow. Just the thought give me a headache!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops