The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 08:33 PM

Default Worst cover band ever....

Bwahahahahaha.....

Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M

Last edited by Yamaha Man; 07-07-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:19 PM

That was uh, not good, but they're young and I'll give them props for having the stones to put themselves out there on YouTube.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:49 PM

I've heard better.

~Dave
~Music self-played is happiness self-made
Old 07-08-2015, 03:14 AM

Brilliant!

The guitar isn't too bad, although he ignores the time set by the drummer.
But then the drummer and bassist ignore the guitar riff (and each other) anyway. All three seem to be playing a different tune.
(It has to take some bizarre kind of skill - or maybe drugs - to play that badly.... and not notice anything is wrong...?)

Personally I suspect this is really some kind of avant garde art installation....
Old 07-08-2015, 04:29 AM
Guest4562

Yeah, but I see guys who should know better posting bad videos of themselves playing various acoustic covers. I do think that all posters, young or old, should at least review the videos before posting them.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:36 AM

Whilst I do agree with the avant garde art installation view, I also question what on earth it is doing on an acoustic guitar forum. Instead of saying 'look at this, isn't it bad!' I would feel more comfortable with it not being posted at all.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:52 AM

The point of posting this was to set a standard. A reference point to compare your own playing abilities....Do you sound this bad or better ?? Hopefully better...and you can adjust your practice time accordingly. Anybody can watch a highly skilled and polished video, but you may feel intimidated, and may want to give up because the skill level is so high. This video has the opposite effect..you walk away from it saying " I can do better than that.." no matter what your skill level is.
Guild F-2512 Deluxe CE
Ibanez Acoustic Bass 12 M1
Martin 12 string X Series
Harley Benton Telecaster
EVH Wolfgang

Formerly known as Martin Maniac.....

M
Old 07-08-2015, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanron View Post
Whilst I do agree with the avant garde art installation view, I also question what on earth it is doing on an acoustic guitar forum. Instead of saying 'look at this, isn't it bad!' I would feel more comfortable with it not being posted at all.
I agree... this subform is about learning to play... building oneself up, rather than tearing down others.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:40 AM

Default Worst cover band ever....

Reminds me of when I taught at a music store and the different teachers would put together a "band clinic" class - having students playing together for the first time. It's eye opening for the student. They usually sound like this: 3 people playing the same song in the same room but no one is paying attention to one another so it's all out of sync.

That's typical of new musicians in general, on any instrument. It's tough enough to learn your first instrument initially but to then try and meter yourself to play in time with others? Ridiculous! Lol.

So no I wouldn't say that was the worst, it just seems like someone videoed some young students who are still trying to figure out how to do the band thing.

Speaking of comparing yourself to other players, here is a cool snippet of Merle Travis poking a little bit of fun at Chet Atkins... (and himself too)

http://youtu.be/fO_PmNtg3PI

Last edited by moondoggie999; 07-08-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Charter Member

Part of the 'Be Nice' rule is to not mock/ ridicule others.

If the point of the thread was to ask, "How could this performance be improved?" that would be different - and it would belong in Show n Tell.

Steve
AGF Moderator
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write