The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-16-2017, 09:13 AM
Guest 928

Default Emerald Factory Pickup?

A friend of mine is lusting after an Emerald Bass. Yesterday he asked if Emerald had a factory pickup policy, something along the line of the old Mercedes program that allowed discounts to people who would fly to Germany to pick up their car.

How about that Sean?
Old 08-16-2017, 09:37 AM

Evan, there was a thread here in the last three months where someone was vacationing in Ireland. They picked up their guitar at the factory and toured for a week or two, then dropped it off back at the factory for shipping home. I don't think there was a discount involved, but have no insider information. Sean is the one to answer this.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:55 AM

Hi Evan,

Thank you for your query. We don't have a 'factory pickup policy' as such, but customers who wish to pick up an Emerald from the office are more than welcome to do so.

This is actually happening very frequently now and we are always happy to welcome people at the office!

Best Wishes

Sean

Here are Ray and Michael with Alistair who both landed on the same day to pick up their Emeralds, an X20 Woody and a fan fretless Balor Bass.

Emerald Guitars_MG_7637 as Smart Object-1 by Alistair Hay, on Flickr
Old 08-16-2017, 10:07 AM

Part of what is making Emerald great is that they are so personal, I think a customer is really made to feel part of the family and any questions about their guitars are always answered immediately by the very men that make them.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:39 AM

Do you think Emerald would ship my x7 with uncoated strings? Coated strings might mess up my mojo.
Do they do a setup for the buyers style?
Old 08-16-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Song View Post
Do you think Emerald would ship my x7 with uncoated strings? Coated strings might mess up my mojo.
I'm sure they would… they'll ship your X7 with spaghetti, fishing line, or unicorn hair if you want. The Emerald folks are very accommodating.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:11 PM
Charter Member

Wait! What?? I could have gotten unicorn hair?? Seriously, no one told me about that.

That said, try the stings the factory uses - not my preference, but I played both of my Emeralds for a while with those strings... wanted to see what they thought was good for the guitar. Then, at the first string change, I switched 'em out for my preference.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:40 PM

Can't help noticing the huge wall map at Emerald central , (which I believe is in a hollowed out volcano, man-made from c.f )

No "world domination" HQ would be complete without one
Old 08-16-2017, 03:08 PM
Guest 928

Well, I'm sort of disappointed. I was hoping for airfare to the Emerald Islands, maybe sleep on Alistair's couch, and play the pubs in the evening. That would be muy accommodating.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Wait! What?? I could have gotten unicorn hair?? Seriously, no one told me about that.

That said, try the stings the factory uses - not my preference, but I played both of my Emeralds for a while with those strings... wanted to see what they thought was good for the guitar. Then, at the first string change, I switched 'em out for my preference.
Jim I remember you said that they come with D'Addarios. I'll give em' a go.
I have some of these to try since it'll be fingerspanked as a hollowbody electric thru pedals to amps.
I'm eager to try x7 and already thinking about an x7-12 in green.
Thanks to everyone for your kindness and consideration.

Last edited by Song; 07-08-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Well, I'm sort of disappointed. I was hoping for airfare to the Emerald Islands, maybe sleep on Alistair's couch, and play the pubs in the evening. That would be muy accommodating.
Well, really accommodating would be: Alistair gives you his bed and he sleeps on the couch!

Pushing it too much? Yeah, I know: back to my corner.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:20 PM
Guest 928

Hang on there, Jim, that's a pretty good idea. After all, we are talking about family here.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber