The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-15-2015, 12:22 PM

Default purchasing of cocobolo

Hallo. I am interested in buying cocobolo for guitar construction. Is there a possibility to buy a big piece of cocobolo so that i will be able to cut muself the pieces for the guitar?

Do you know a place where I can buy either in England or Germany ? I live in Greece and i cannot find anywhere here but i have relatives in these countries.

Or any other country from which they make shipment to greece at a logical cost? We are 3-4 persons that are interested and thats why we need a big piece and not ready cut pieces. Besides we may use it for other instruments.

i have already the following
http://www.consteca.eu/tropical-timber/cocobolo/ (i will send email)

thanks !!!!
Old 01-02-2016, 12:35 PM

Hi,

email me.. [email protected]

All the best,
Chris
Old 01-02-2016, 10:58 PM

Cocobolo is now a CITES II protected species. International trade of raw Cocobolo boards is therefore regulated. I would advise finding a set within your own borders or buying from a place that will ship with the necessary paperwork and permit.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorge View Post
Hallo. I am interested in buying cocobolo for guitar construction. Is there a possibility to buy a big piece of cocobolo so that i will be able to cut muself the pieces for the guitar?

Do you know a place where I can buy either in England or Germany ? I live in Greece and i cannot find anywhere here but i have relatives in these countries.

Or any other country from which they make shipment to greece at a logical cost? We are 3-4 persons that are interested and thats why we need a big piece and not ready cut pieces. Besides we may use it for other instruments.

i have already the following
http://www.consteca.eu/tropical-timber/cocobolo/ (i will send email)

thanks !!!!
There are places in Europe which sell Cocobolo, but they are already in pre cut sizes for guitar making.

David Dyke, Timberline (Exotic Hardwoods) in the UK, Maderas Barber & Madinter in Spain all have Cocobolo sets for Dreadnought and Classical guitar sizes.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop