The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 10-27-2012, 07:16 PM

Default 1982 Yamaha CJ818SB w/HSC and 1980 Takamine F-340S w/HSC

Hi All,

Looking to sell my Yamaha CJ818SB as it's simply not getting played. I went a little overboard at one point when I fell in love with older Yamahas, so this one is looking for a new home. I am the second owner and puchased it from the original owner (with an interesting reason for selling it) who bought in new in 1982.

It is in fantastic shape! Spruce top with dark mahogany back, sides, and neck. There are no scuffs or scratches of note, just some light pick marks on the pick guard. Very little fret wear and the tuners are in perfect working order.

The neck is straight and the neck joint is completely solid. There is no lifting of the bridge and the truss rod is free and movable (even comes with the original truss rod allen key in its bag).

There is plenty of saddle left to sand down if you choose. Its currently strung with EJ17s (mediums) and the action is about 3.5mm's at the 12th fret, 6th string.

The tone is really great! Very balanced sounding, not a booming jumbo. Sounds equally nice with lights or mediums. Intonation is great up the neck.

It comes with a very nice locking, arch-top hardshell case that fits nicely (key will be in the case storage compartment).

Ive sold a couple guitars on the forum and sell under ebay username shawny277...over 100 transactions with 100% positive feedback.

If you have any questions or would like a different picture, please pm me!

Id like to get $325 shipped and paypal'd for this guy as its in pristine shape!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by bigD77; 10-29-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: correction
Old 10-27-2012, 07:43 PM

This is the Takamine....an F-340S from 1980. This is from the coveted "lawsuit era" in Takamine's history and this was their d18 copy. The "S" stands for [I]solid[I]spruce top and it has mahogany back, sides, and neck. Fretboard and bridge are rosewood and it has black body binding. Nut width is 1 11/16".

This Tak is also in great condition! Straight neck, little fret wear, and just a couple small nicks here and there. Again, nothing significant, and no cracks, repairs or lifting of the bridge.

I replaced the nut and saddle with bone and this guy really sings! Nice Martin-esque sound with a nice midrange and some low end punch!

Now im not going to try and convince you it sounds like a 30 year old D-18, but it is a fabulous sounding guitar that will really surprise you the first time you strum it!

Ive had this guitar for 5 years and it has always been kept in its case humidified when not in use. It was my graduation present to myself after college and i progressed a lot as a player with this guitar. Like the Yamaha, it is just not getting the play time it deserves so it's on to a new home.

Looking for $325 Shipped and Paypal'd as well

Last edited by bigD77; 10-29-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: price drop
Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Guest 2563

Does the Yamaha have a solid top?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:28 AM

Default Top Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron614-CE View Post
Does the Yamaha have a solid top?
The Yamaha does not have a solid top. At least Yamaha doesnt list it as one. I know there is always some debate over the older Yamahas, but I dont belive this one to be solid.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:57 PM

Default Price Drop

Price drop to $325 on both guitars!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:19 PM

night time bump
Old 10-31-2012, 06:21 PM

Default Still Here

PM's replied to, both are still available

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars