The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-08-2024, 10:41 PM

Default TC Helicon VoiceLive Play Versus Play Acoustic

If you can get vocal effects as well as other guitar effect features in the guitar effects version of the TC Helicon for the same price, why would you choose the vocal effects unit only?

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare...ckstart-guide/
Old 03-09-2024, 12:16 AM

If you already have a guitar rig that checks all the boxes.
Old 03-09-2024, 09:26 AM
Charter Member

If you are starting fresh and want to economize cost, clutter, and complexity, the TC VG is a great “all-in-one” box that clips on your mic stand, and is surprisingly capable. But, the dedicated vocal or guitar processors tend to be more capable and customizable, with more expense and cables required.

Over the years I have gathered WAY more pedals/boxes than I need, but when I just want to sit down and play with a mic and guitar, my perform VG is always ready to go with minimal fuss. Plus, it has the BodyRez feature built in, which has been the topic of several dedicated threads here.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 03-10-2024, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
If you are starting fresh and want to economize cost, clutter, and complexity, the TC VG is a great “all-in-one” box that clips on your mic stand, and is surprisingly capable. But, the dedicated vocal or guitar processors tend to be more capable and customizable, with more expense and cables required.

Over the years I have gathered WAY more pedals/boxes than I need, but when I just want to sit down and play with a mic and guitar, my perform VG is always ready to go with minimal fuss. Plus, it has the BodyRez feature built in, which has been the topic of several dedicated threads here.
It looks good.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification