The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-25-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danley View Post
Nice, Jaguars and Jazzmasters have been my primary guitars... Right up my alley.

Are the Cobains still made in Japan? How's the tuning with the TOM bridge? Also curious what your other Jaguar is like... I have a 96 MIJ in CAR with matching headstock. Love the binding on yours, always a great look.
I know there have been Japanese made Cobain Jags for years but this guitar is the model they released to commentate the 20th anniversary of Nevermind and is Mexican made. I also don't think the Japanese ones were as faithful a reproduction of the original though I haven't studied up on them. I do love MIJ/CIJ Fender's though. My Mustang (also the Cobain model) is CIJ and it's a great guitar. I've always got my eye on Craigslist for a Japanese strat, jag or tele to add. I really dig the Jags with the matching headstock like you've got.

My other Jag that I will be selling is a classic player special with dual humbuckers. It is also Mexican made but the pickups aren't nearly as nice as the dimarzios in the Cobain model and it doesn't have the unique controls (individual volume for each pickup, 3 way toggle, etc), the bound neck or the relic finish.

Martin * Pre-War Guitars * Brothers Music

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars