The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-24-2015, 11:51 AM

Default Looking for a practice amp

I'm looking for a small (10-15 watt) practice amp for rehearsals with my rock band. We play at low volumes in rehearsal so 15 watts is probably overkill. What this amp does need is 3 channels, clean-dirty-boost and it needs to be footswitchable. It also needs to be small/portable/light as possible. I have a AC15c1 and a HR3 but want something lighter for this purpose. I don't want to take my pedals with me (or even one pedal) I want the amp to have what I need as described. oh..................sound quality isn't a strong priority here.

Suggestions ?
Old 08-24-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm Williams View Post
I'm looking for a small (10-15 watt) practice amp for rehearsals with my rock band. We play at low volumes in rehearsal so 15 watts is probably overkill. What this amp does need is 3 channels, clean-dirty-boost and it needs to be footswitchable. It also needs to be small/portable/light as possible. I have a AC15c1 and a HR3 but want something lighter for this purpose. I don't want to take my pedals with me (or even one pedal) I want the amp to have what I need as described. oh..................sound quality isn't a strong priority here.

Suggestions ?
The only thing I can think of would be one of the Blackstar ID series amps. It's going to be really tough to get three channels in such a low-wattage amp. If you guys have a PA, take a look at the Tech21 Flyrig 5 or Flyrig 5 RK; if i were in your shoes that's how I would go, plus you now have a small great-sounding backup if your amp goes down on a gig.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:34 PM

Not quite what l spec'd but the price was too good to pass up. Just found an excellent condition Line6 Spider II with the 4 button footswitch shipped for $95.00. 30 watts and a single 12" but only about 30lbs so it should work.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm Williams View Post
Not quite what l spec'd but the price was too good to pass up. Just found an excellent condition Line6 Spider II with the 4 button footswitch shipped for $95.00. 30 watts and a single 12" but only about 30lbs so it should work.
Hard to argue with $95.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:07 PM

Another alternative:

http://jamhub.com/
Old 08-24-2015, 07:29 PM

Fender Mustang. (Even if it is solid state).

Great sounds, multiple modelling channels (from Fender cleans to dirt and anything in between), effects, inbuilt tuner .... great price!
Old 09-01-2015, 09:05 PM

Yeah,
I was gonna recommend the Mustang.

Yamaha FG700S Dread

Epiphone Joe Pass Hollowbody Electric

Epiphone Les Paul Special 1 p90's

Squier Stratocaster SE

Yamaha Thr 5 v.2 Amp

Behringer Ultracoustic AT-108 Amp

Bugera V5 Infinium Amp

Bugera 112 TS Cab

Peavey PVi 100 Microphone

Tascam DR05 Digital Recorder

Cubase AI 6

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars