The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-14-2010, 08:55 PM

Default Roland?

Does anyone own or tried their acoustic thru a Roland Micro Cube?If so what did you think?Thanks
Old 08-14-2010, 09:00 PM

Well, I've done it through a Vox Valvetronix... But I'm a blues guy at heart. I love the sound of a Dearmond soundhole, or even a high-fallutin' Highlander pickup system through a blackface Fender Deluxe Reverb...

So if you're anything like me, you can find a tone you like through that little cube.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Well, I've done it through a Vox Valvetronix... But I'm a blues guy at heart. I love the sound of a Dearmond soundhole, or even a high-fallutin' Highlander pickup system through a blackface Fender Deluxe Reverb...

So if you're anything like me, you can find a tone you like through that little cube.
Very cool!! I know it's intended for electric guitar,but I don't see why i cant play my acoustic thru it.......?Not gonna be on the stack or rectifier setting lol!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:25 PM

Just thougt that by me buying that amp it might be a excuse for buying a Les Paul or 335 LOL!!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 09:25 PM

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=174301

You're better off with getting something specifically designed for acoustics, although it will cost more.

I got the AC-33 a month ago and basically agree with all the good things said about it on the thread above.

You'll also find comments there related to an acoustic playing on a Cube. Not very good....

On page 5....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Mobile Cube, of course, is excellent for its size and configuration, but doesn't have the rich(er) tone of the AC-33. In short, I think the AC-33 is a step up in quality from the MC (in addition to having the looper, etc.

The reverb/ambience effects are much better for acoustic guitar in the AC-33 - i.e., the effects in general (EQ, chorus, reverb) are voiced for acoustic guitar, rather than trying to be all things to all people as in the MC.

For me, the bottom line is that I wouldn't have purchased the MC if the AC-33 had been available at the time, but I am glad I have the MC now as an excellent, tiny amp backup that has an acceptable acoustic sound, and won't be selling it on EBay (I did sell my Vox DA-5 and DA-10, which preceded the Mobile Cube) ...."

Last edited by johnnysain; 08-14-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnysain View Post
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=174301

You're better off with getting something specifically designed for acoustics, although it will cost more.

I got the AC-33 a month ago and basically agree with all the good things said about it on the thread above.

You'll also find comments there related to an acoustic playing on a Cube. Not very good....

On page 5....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Mobile Cube, of course, is excellent for its size and configuration, but doesn't have the rich(er) tone of the AC-33. In short, I think the AC-33 is a step up in quality from the MC (in addition to having the looper, etc.

The reverb/ambience effects are much better for acoustic guitar in the AC-33 - i.e., the effects in general (EQ, chorus, reverb) are voiced for acoustic guitar, rather than trying to be all things to all people as in the MC.

For me, the bottom line is that I wouldn't have purchased the MC if the AC-33 had been available at the time, but I am glad I have the MC now as an excellent, tiny amp backup that has an acceptable acoustic sound, and won't be selling it on EBay (I did sell my Vox DA-5 and DA-10, which preceded the Mobile Cube) ...."
Thanks!!!Great info!!!!I think I might be better off just keeping it unplugged..LOL!!!If I open that can of worms its gonna get wild!!!LMAO!!Thanks Bro!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fretz67 View Post
Just thougt that by me buying that amp it might be a excuse for buying a Les Paul or 335 LOL!!!!
I played two acoustics I owned with my Micro Cube but you really want a classic tube amp with the Les Paul and 335 and then you'll probably want a Telecaster and Stratocaster too.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:46 PM

Location: The California Central Coast, in The Heart of the Chaparral!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fretz67 View Post
Does anyone own or tried their acoustic thru a Roland Micro Cube?If so what did you think?Thanks
I've owned a MC for over five years, and played several acoustics through the rig! It was $125 well spent! I love the interesting effects, and volume it puts out using battery power! It's so easy to carry that I can use it anywhere!

It is in no way an acoustic amp, but you sure can create some unique sounds using an acoustic guitar with a MC!

Don
Old 08-15-2010, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lampson View Post
I've owned a MC for over five years, and played several acoustics through the rig! It was $125 well spent! I love the interesting effects, and volume it puts out using battery power! It's so easy to carry that I can use it anywhere!

It is in no way an acoustic amp, but you sure can create some unique sounds using an acoustic guitar with a MC!

Don
All I am looking for is something"Once in a while"to plug in to 4 a change and have some fun with that is very low watts,low price and has some effects.Thanks Don
Old 08-15-2010, 10:21 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jyQ-a_g79A
Old 08-15-2010, 11:08 AM

I bought a microcube on another players recommendation to use with a gretsch and an acoustic, at home in the lounge.
It sounds really duff with either, even at very low levels, and to me has no 'tone' whatever.
Lesson learned- pay peanuts, you get monkey cr*p.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification