The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 10-28-2014, 07:24 AM

Default For Sale: 2010 Martin OMJM ***SOLD***

Hi Everyone,

I finally went ahead and purchased my D-28 Authentic 1937. It is an amazing guitar and I now must start to thin out the herd so I can afford this thing!

So I am offering my 2010 Martin OMJM for sale.

I am the original owner of this guitar and I have taken very good care of it. It is in nearly perfect condition. There is not a ding or scratch on this guitar anywhere. There may be some very small pick marks below the pickguard but they are nearly impossible to see by the naked eye, let alone a camera. The back and sides are made from a beautiful straight grained East Indian Rosewood. The top is made from Engelmann Spruce. It has a Mahogany neck.
It has always been properly humidified in the case. There are no cracks on this guitar anywhere. The neck is very straight and the action is set pretty low. It has a recent setup from Pianos N Stuff here in Pittsburgh, PA. They did a great job with the setup. You can strum it pretty hard and there is no fret buzz but the action is low to where it doesn't take too much effort to fret the strings. It currently has Elixir Light gauge nanoweb strings on it and they sound great. I have a few other guitars that I play, so the fret wear on this guitar is minimal. Almost none at all.

I bought this guitar brand new from Maury's Music in 2010. He is great to deal with and the transaction was flawless. Everything is completely stock including the Martin Gold Plus Natural 1 pickup that comes installed on this guitar from the factory. I use the guitar plugged into a Bose L1 Compact and the sound of the guitar is incredible.

It is always hard for me to describe what a guitar sounds like. My opinion of the sound might be completely different than anyone else might think. In my opinion, the guitar sounds exactly like you would want a Martin OM to sound. The sound is very balanced. It has very clear treble and a strong bass, but neither overpowers the other. I think that the wood has opened up quite nicely over the past few years. I think that the guitar sounds amazing and I don't think that you will be disappointed with the sound. The one thing that everyone says who plays this guitar is that it is so easy to play. I think that I can atribute that to the setup.

The guitar has a 1 11/16" nut with a low profile neck shape. It is a full 25.4" scale. It has a beautiful case with John Mayer's monogram embroidered on the front of the case near the headstock.

The rest of the guitar's specs can be viewed here at the Martin website. http://www.martinguitar.com/model/it...ohn-mayer.html

Here are some pictures of the guitar. Like I said before, the guitar is in almost perfect condition. You will not be disappointed with that. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the guitar or its condition. I will be happy to take more pictures for you to see or answer any questions that you have.

I am asking $2,250 shipped and paypaled to the lower 48 for this guitar. I am located in Pittsburgh, PA.

Thanks for looking,

Tadd

Last edited by garciatr; 11-21-2014 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Add Photos
Old 10-29-2014, 11:55 AM

Bump!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 01:01 PM

I am surprised this lasted more than 15 minutes at that price. I played a number of these and there just amazing.
Taylor: GS Mini
Maton: 225
Traveler Guitar: Escape Mark III
Epiphone: 220
Old 10-29-2014, 02:31 PM

If I were not saving for a McPherson, I would snatch it. Owned one and absolutely loved it and always got great comments on it.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Charter Member

Default one of..

This model is one of Martin's best...
Old 10-29-2014, 04:13 PM

I will also give you a free bump. I own this model and it has everything a player could ask for in spades. Visually, the best of all worlds. Polish from the Clapton on the headstock. Herringbone and bling. Built in pickup. Extremely comfortable neck.

This is the one guitar for me. I have a few, but it is the best of all worlds.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:57 AM

Thank you for the kind words guys. This really is an incredible guitar. I'm only getting rid of it to raise money for another one I already purchased. I've had a few people interested, but nobody has committed to it yet. It's still available. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:36 PM

Bump
Old 11-06-2014, 07:43 AM

Bump and Price reduction!
Old 11-16-2014, 05:06 PM

Would you be willing to post a sound clip or brief video? I'd like to hear this guitar...strummed, picked, fingerstyle, harmonics, and sustain. I tested a new OM-28 this past weekend, and I'm wondering how much difference (albiet from a video or soundclip) there is, considering the top woods... Your price is attractive comparatively speaking. Thanks!

Scott
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox AC15, Fishman Loudbox Mini
...and one teenager that learned to play better in six months than I have in six years
Old 11-18-2014, 06:34 PM
Charter Member

Wish I had the cash. Why cant my bonus be here now? lol..
Old 11-21-2014, 04:07 AM

Thank you for the interest everyone, but the guitar has been sold.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars