The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-14-2017, 02:09 PM

Default Do we tend to forget about older models?

Just put some new strings on my Rainsong JM-1000 BI and wonder why it's never talked about. For one, a poll I took says 80% here are fingerstylists. Thus smaller bodied guitars may be in order. But for us flatpickers this is a great guitar, Jumbos are really more comfortable on the knee given the skinny waist than many Dreds. And this just booms and is light as a feather.
2001 Michael Keller Koa Baby
2014 Godin Inuk
2012 Deering B6 Openback Banjo
2012 Emerald Acoustic Doubleneck
2012 Rainsong JM1000 Black Ice
2009 Wechter Pathmaker 9600 LTD
1982 Yairi D-87 Doubleneck
1987 Ovation Collectors
1993 Ovation Collectors
1967 J-45 Gibson
1974 20th Annivers. Les Paul Custom
Old 08-14-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleneck View Post
Just put some new strings on my Rainsong JM-1000 BI and wonder why it's never talked about. For one, a poll I took says 80% here are fingerstylists. Thus smaller bodied guitars may be in order. But for us flatpickers this is a great guitar, Jumbos are really more comfortable on the knee given the skinny waist than many Dreds. And this just booms and is light as a feather.
A lot of excellent guitars are not talked about here, Steve. In fact the RS Jumbo is an excellent seller, and we sell a ton of them to fingerstyle players.

BTW, the first Black Ice Jumbo was actually built for me, I thought all that real-estate would make a great canvas for the Black Ice pattern. After seeing the guitar on our site, other dealers agreed, so it became a standard option on all body sizes, not just the WS. I was also the first to order a Jumbo with the NS 12-fret neck, it's an amazing combo, tons of fun to play. Love the RS Jumbo.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:14 AM

Steve & Ted,

Have to agree with both of you. Having gone through a bunch of CF and wood guitars ... to many to mention... my jm1000&3000 are the only ones that have remained. This all started with the quest for a travel guitar that gives me the same goosebumps by JMs do on first strum. Strangely enough I still do not have a travel guitar that stuck with me after owing the BB, x5&7, KM, little Martin, cargo and baby Taylor. I heard that there were changes to the top of the now renamed McPherson touring that reduce the mid scoop... perhaps another run at that or a Savoy... it was sure sweet when played at the BB Nest earlier this year and just a tad $$$ more the the touring... the quest continues but my JMs are the foundation of my Guitar playing!!! The ear is a fickle thing....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber