The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 08-19-2017, 03:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
Making progress in the Solo course. Wrapping up Etude and learning 4 finger rolls with Dedicated to Mississippi John Hurt. Also working on my holiday songs with getting into It Came Upon a Midnight Clear from Mark's Fingerstyle Christmas collection. Great material.

That's awesome. I am working through Red, White and Blue Rag and am really getting it down by switching up playing on different guitars with different specs.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueser100 View Post
That's awesome. I am working through Red, White and Blue Rag and am really getting it down by switching up playing on different guitars with different specs.
RWBR is so much easier for me then OAOR (probably because way back when I put quite a few hours into RWBR). I'm going to work on OAOR and to some extent the second book every other day to give my left hand the fundamental work out it needs. (Tonite I used my J-45, gave the hand a break, lol).

Playing DADGAD tunes and in standard, the bluesy stuff I like is tons easier on my left hand than this Hanson stuff. If you can play OAOR, RWBR, Flier and Strawberry Curl at performance speed, you're cooking with gas. I want to see if I can still get that fire lit at my age, lol.

I have a couple of Mark's Christmas Carol books (and Doug Young's DADGAD Christmas too). Pretty soon it'll be time to work them in - maybe late October....

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write