The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 10:15 AM
Charter Member

Default Charlottesville - A Week Later

I wanted to thank those folks who wrote last week regarding the incidents that occurred in my hometown of Charlottesville, VA last weekend. The lives of Virginia State trooper helicopter pilots and a local woman were lost, and that is a tragedy. I've said previously that Charlottesville is a fairly free thinking enclave in rural Virginia, and I suppose that when a city sets itself apart in that manner, all aspects of thought will have access to that freedom. It's rather strange for me to hear the name of hometown bantied about on the news and social discourse in the way that Kent State was in the late 1960s. I really don't want to start a political dialogue but wanted to share that C'ville is on the road to recovery and hopefully some lessons were learned. I visited the makeshift memorial for Heather Heyer at 4th and Water Streets and aside from that and a more noticeable police presence in various places, things seem back to "normal." However, as those of you know whose towns have been assaulted, it will probably be a new normal. Thanks for listening and keeping C'ville in your thoughts....

Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic