The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-17-2017, 03:50 PM
Charter Member

Default Anyone make or use an array-type speaker cab?

The recent thread about those that use the array type amp systems (Bose, SA220, JBL Eon One, etc) got me thinking about something. A lot of the reasons people use them (me included back when I had an SA220) is the nice even dispersion of sound due in part to the line array speaker positions.

We eventually sold off our SA220 because we just weren't playing out and it was more than we needed for home use. We ended up going with a little Carvin AG200 which fit our needs and offered expandability by adding a speaker cab should we ever need it.

Now they don't make the matching cabinet for the AG200 so we'll need to get something else should we ever find ourselves needing more for playing out somewhere. That got me to thinking, does anyone make an array type speaker cabinet? Would adding that to our Carvin give us the best of both worlds - more sound when/if we need it but with better sound dispersion?

Just a thought.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:10 PM

Default Anyone make or use an array-type speaker cab?

The Alto Trouper may be a perfect match. It's powered. Take the output from the AG200 and feed the Alto. It's also very inexpensive and reportedly sounds quite nice. A few others here use them to supplement other amps.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...ance-pa-system

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification