The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-08-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyman97 View Post
was talking to a luthier today who said he highly recommends using a dampit ALONG with the humidipak system during the winter months. he said the dampit's add moisture and prolong the life of the humidipak packettes. anyone else hear of this?
Never heard this, but I actually began adding extra moisture this week when I realized the Humidipaks were not able to keep the RH at 45% in my case (furnace has been running quite a bit). It dropped to 36%, so I moved the Humidipaks to the cutaway are in the case, added an Oasis in the soundhole, plus a dampit and sponge in a ziplock bag in the headstock area. Checked again today and its back up to 38%. Hope it helps prolong the life of the Humidipaks. I think I'll have to get a couple more to get through winter.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Charter Member

I ONLY use the dampit and sponge now.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion