The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-26-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuki79 View Post
Stay away from the EHX22500. You can't erase your loop with the foowtswitch. It's a process that requires few steps with this looper!!
I believe that was a firmware problem when the first 22500 loopers shipped. EHX fixed it with a firmware upgrade for those first units and corrected the problem soon after the 22500 was released.

If I was the OP I'd seriously consider the 22500.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:55 PM

Default Ehx stop function

Hello guys! I've been trying to find out the following information about the 22500 looper. I've read the manual and nothing. I haven't been able to find that specific info

I'll write an example of what I want to do.
The intro of my song has the same chord progression as the bridge. I'd like to record the progression but I DONT want it to playback immediately. I'd like to play it when the bridge arrives.
I'd like to record the loop and stop it with the stop button so it won't playback. I'd prefer not to press the button twice fast.

I do this with the looper of my Boss DD-500 but I want to build an acoustic pedalboard so I don't have to take my electric pedalboard.

I'm going to buy the looper that makes this. Either it's Boss Rc-30, ehx 22500, pigtronix, etc.

I'd appreciate any help please!!! Thanks!!!
Old 12-04-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maumendezc View Post
Hello guys! I've been trying to find out the following information about the 22500 looper. I've read the manual and nothing. I haven't been able to find that specific info

I'll write an example of what I want to do.
The intro of my song has the same chord progression as the bridge. I'd like to record the progression but I DONT want it to playback immediately. I'd like to play it when the bridge arrives.
I'd like to record the loop and stop it with the stop button so it won't playback. I'd prefer not to press the button twice fast.

I do this with the looper of my Boss DD-500 but I want to build an acoustic pedalboard so I don't have to take my electric pedalboard.

I'm going to buy the looper that makes this. Either it's Boss Rc-30, ehx 22500, pigtronix, etc.

I'd appreciate any help please!!! Thanks!!!
First, I don't have the 22500, but I'll assume it has the same basic functionality of my EHX 720.

You stated: I'd like to record the loop and stop it with the stop button so it won't playback. "

My EHX 720 does exactly that when you hit the STOP button. Although the two looping modes in the manual basically say to hit the loop button a second time to either (A) go into loop playback mode, or (B) go into loop record mode, you can simply END your loop by pressing the STOP button.

You can then play to your heart's content and simply tap the LOOP button to start playback of what you recorded.

They don't mention this in the manual, and they most likely assume it's so obvious that it doesn't require mentioning. The other possibility is they don't envision too many folks using a looper like that.

Do remember that you need to be able to mentally keep good time if you use a looper as a single shot (or repeating...) phrase recorder / player. If you've shifted your playing tempo it will make for a bumpy transition.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
looper