The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-10-2017, 07:10 AM

Default NGD Telecaster CVC

Well I got my first Tele today. I have not played an electric for about 20yrs. Just been playing acoustic.

Since I love country I decided I'd go for a Tele and settled on the CVC. I'd hoped it would have enough twang. I heard some say that depending on the individual guitar some can be more twangy then others.

In my anticipation of getting the guitar I found a good deal on a cheap modeling pedal. I don't have a guitar amp just my acoustic rig which is my PA. But then I thought well I do have a little bass practice amp a little Silvertone and set flat it's pretty clean.

I finally got the guitar home unwrapped and plugged in the pedal placed in a clean setting, set the amp flat, selected both pickups , set the tone midway and strummed.

Wow oodles of twang. In fact a few amp settings were so twangy it was almost too much and that was set both pickups.

I decided to try directly into the bass amp. The result huge smiles and oozing twang.

I tried it directly in the amp with just the bridge pickup. Incredible! I can't believe how awesome this guitar is.

Now I just have to lift my game and learn how to make this baby sing the way it should. Having been just a fairly basic strummer on the acoustic is a lot different then electric for sure. This, I'm sure is going to take my playing to the next level. I already can't wait until morning so I can play again.

My wife saw me staring off at it sitting on the couch across from me while we watched a little late night show before bed. She turns and looks at me and says lighthearted " what is that your new girlfriend now?" And I said Yeah isn't she beautiful... [emoji23]

And she matches my acoustic.....

Old 01-10-2017, 09:58 AM

Congrats Mischief!!! Love of love for Teles and the Classic Vibes here on the AGF. It's a different world going from acoustic to electric and vice versa. Good luck in your new endeavour.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:08 PM

Congrats, and great choice! I have one of these CV Customs myself, and absolutely love it!

Old 01-10-2017, 04:54 PM

Hard to beat a double bound sunburst Telecaster! I have a '62 Custom with a Bigsby (CIJ) that is a keeper, for sure, and hangs with my 52 AVRI Hot Rod.

2015 Gibson J-45 Vintage
2007 Gibson SJ-200 True Vintage
Old 01-10-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Congrats Mischief!!! Love of love for Teles and the Classic Vibes here on the AGF. It's a different world going from acoustic to electric and vice versa. Good luck in your new endeavour.

Thanks,
I have been wanting to play a lot more melody lines in my acoustic playing and also get my speed up. I reckon adding electric to my playing is going to help me a lot. I'll focus on leads, heavy melody rhythm playing and lots of scales on the electric and then carry some of that over to my acoustic.

Seems whenever I play acoustic I want to just play and sing. When I play the electric I'm going to just focus on my guitar work. Then I'll take time to also focus on my singing without guitar (which I should do a lot more of) then hopefully putting it all back together again.

Well that's the plan anyway.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:56 PM

Nice guitar.

I know I keep asking you good people, however could someone please put up step by step instructions again to uploading photos. (Much appreciated).
Old 01-10-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel and wood View Post
Nice guitar.

I know I keep asking you good people, however could someone please put up step by step instructions again to uploading photos. (Much appreciated).
From the AGF FAQs:

Quote:
How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.
2015 Gibson J-45 Vintage
2007 Gibson SJ-200 True Vintage
Old 01-14-2017, 06:16 PM

Very pretty and if she sounds as good as she looks...!

As Dru says, lots of love for Teles here and the Classic Vibes are amazing.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 01-14-2017, 07:03 PM

I love that sunburst / white pickguard / rosewood neck / white bound look in a Tele. I tried out a Squier CVC once and it sounded great. Would have been happy to take it home.

Happy NGD

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars