The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-08-2017, 02:45 AM

Default Anybody try their TC acoustic play pedal with an electric guitar?

Howdy I'm expecting the arrival of my CVC Telecaster this week. Since Im primarily an acoustic player I do not have any pedals for electric. I also do not have any amps just a DBR10 speaker, FX mixer and my TC Play acoustic pedal.

I was wondering if anyone has used an electric with the acoustic pedal? I'm just after a country twang sound. Since mostly I hear people saying a twin reverb amp with its clean tone is all I'd need I wondered if the Acoustic play pedal could be tweaked to sound okay?

Cheers
Old 01-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Charter Member

I am new to electric and no I do not have the TC unit so I am just posting some general thoughts.

I would think the TC like any digital multi FX unit can be use to create some interesting tones with your electric plugged in. Between the controls on the guitar , the eq on the mixer and the FX you should be able to some great sounds . Weather you will think it sounds OK and more specifically for a "country twang sound " is something you will have to find out.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 03-16-2017, 04:25 PM

Just an update.
I have tried my CVC Tele with the Play Acoustic pedal and for clean country sounds it seemed like it would work fine. I have not really played with it much other then to just plug it in and see what it sounded like. Having said that I would have to experiment a lot more. Might be workable when you are already set for acoustic and need to just plug in the Tele for a few songs.

Cheers

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars