The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-04-2015, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

Default Breedlove pursuit nylon crossover?

Anybody own one? Your thoughts? Thanks!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:36 PM

I don't own one, but played one at a local dealer a few days ago while waiting for some simple work on one of my guitars. I was favorably impressed--particularly at their price point. This one had excellent fit and finish and good tone. I am not in the market for a crossover, but if so, this would be on the list.

Jon
Old 03-05-2015, 05:36 AM

Interesting that you are the second person this week to say so. This from a reply to a post of mine asking for advice on crossovers earlier this week:

I don't own a crossover model as my classical was part of a custom run with a 640mm scale and a 48mm nut. But, I was in a local shop this weekend and played one of the Breedlove Pursuit crossover models. It has the 48mm nut, but has the 650mm scale. It was an excellent guitar, particularly at its price point. I have not researched it, but suspect it is an Asian Breedlove, but this particular one was excellent quality. I don't run across many crossovers locally but this one certainly was on par with one of the Taylor nylons I played a while back.

By Jon (aka drjond56)

PS. I hadn't noticed that Jon had posted here before reproducing his thoughts above. Thanks Jon for the tip

Last edited by JBG; 03-05-2015 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:38 PM

Yeah. Kinda odd to get a question twice on that guitar that I had just played. If someone here does buy one, I'd like to know what they think after spending some time with it.

Jon
Old 03-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Charter Member

So musicians friend has it for $499 w free shipping....but they say it won't ship until 3/15......

I feel like I've heard terrible customer service stories with MF, so I'm hesitant to place an order until they actually have it in stock....

Seems like it's identical in size to a taylor GC....I'm definitely GASing for 1.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:16 AM
Charter Member

Now MF says shipping 3/16.....they do have an open box one I might grab.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:51 PM
Charter Member

I had to.

Musicians friend is running a $60 coupon…..so i bit the bullet and bought it…..ill post a review in a few days when i get her…

Cheers,

Bill
Old 03-15-2015, 11:03 AM

I tried one the other day in a store and was impressed. The neck was great and plugged in sound was very good. I didn't spend a lot of time with the unplugged sound but ghost it was decent. The price was very good. Wondering how much better if any would the Taylor or Martin crossover be.

Tom

Toms Soundclick Page
Old 03-18-2015, 06:48 AM
Charter Member

All I can say is WOW! This guitar is a taylor killer! And I LOVE taylors. For the price, it's eveyything I was looking for...

The good..

Cedar top...at this price point, not avail on taylors entry level 3-4 series
Tortoise binding.....
Great playability....
Abalone soundhole ring
Full gloss back sides and front

The ehhh.....

Made in China (doesnt seem to matter)
Rosewood fingerboard (I prefer ebony)

So, I'll admit I'm just a hobbyist, so my opinions are not expert testimony, but I'm really delightfully surprised by this guitar....I have not tested the fishman preamp (although the built in tuner is nice)

After playing this guitar, and having owned both a NS24 and a higher end NS74ce....you can't beat this guitar for the $$$ (439 w coupon)

Cheers!

Bill
Old 03-19-2015, 09:34 AM

I think it compares favorably to the Taylor ns24 but it is nowhere near the 72 in terms of tone and sustain.
LoPrinzi model A baritone uke
Kerry Bannister mahogany nui (big baritone) uke
Kerry Bannister mahogany baritone uke
Harmony baritone uke
Old 03-19-2015, 07:16 PM
Charter Member

You're probably right, John.....
Old 03-23-2015, 06:30 PM

Default Love mine!

I play one of these as my main solo acoustic guitar. Love it! At the price point, there isn't much bad to say about it. I've had mine since November and it hasn't let me down yet. Even made it through the Michigan winter with minimal adjustment!
Old 03-23-2015, 07:06 PM
Charter Member

Default Excellent for what it is

I bought a Breedlove Pursuit nylon because my oldest grand daughter wanted nylon strings. I put some on her Taylor GS mini and the smaller body suited her better so I kept the Pursuit. It rounds out my collection nicely for very little money.
Taylor 714ce; Wechter/Scheerhorn square neck reso; Gibson TG-25, HP665; Rockbridge 000 Custom BZ; Guild DS-240, F112; Martin HD-28, J-40, D-15SS; Northwood L-00; Regal resonator; Furch Vintage 3 OM-SR; Larrivee L-03W; Gretsch resonator; Mackenzie/Marr Ian Tyson;
Old 01-04-2017, 04:56 PM

Just came across this older thread via Google. How is your guitar after a year+? How does it sound plugged in?

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Old 01-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Charter Member

Default Haven't played it very often

Mike, to be honest, the Breedlove Pursuit (nylon) has not been played very often. It liked it fine when it arrived, but my reason for buying disappeared when my grand daughter preferred the size of the Taylor mini. The Pursuit went back into the gig bag where it has been neglected. I should sell it. Just haven't gotten around to listing it.
Taylor 714ce; Wechter/Scheerhorn square neck reso; Gibson TG-25, HP665; Rockbridge 000 Custom BZ; Guild DS-240, F112; Martin HD-28, J-40, D-15SS; Northwood L-00; Regal resonator; Furch Vintage 3 OM-SR; Larrivee L-03W; Gretsch resonator; Mackenzie/Marr Ian Tyson;

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical